Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am in an abusive marriage and developed feelings for another man. Need advice!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am in an abusive marriage and developed feelings for another man. Need advice!

It's a bit of a mess and I don't know what to do...
    Last edited by BlueBlossom3; December 4th, 2018, 07:43 AM.

You are being very hypocritical here.

B was single and could hold any woman’s hand he wants.
    You are married and held his hand (you were not under any pressure to do so) and you invited him out on date like activities.
    You over used the term friend yet you crossed the border of friendship by your actions.

Be married and stay stay married if you want.
    You either work on your marriage or get out.

But you should not perceive any man as a “beacon of hope” , in fact that’s insulting to B. And it’s ridiculous to get out of a marriage and into a relationship. Was your husband a rebound and therefore a bad choice???

B copped on to what was happening , ie you were using him , you were not leaving your marriage for him after all.
    Hopefully he is holding hands with a woman who does not have a ring on her finger.

Comment

I agree with Maggie. I think B woke up to the fact that it was wrong to pursue anything with you because you are married and 'friend zoned' him excessively. He saw sense so he put some distance between you. He did the right thing. He may have been interested in the beginning but eventually, after your constant reminders of being married and constant 'friend' label, he lost that interest. You don't need either of these men in your life and i strongly recommend you get well away from both of them. Divorce your abusive husband (you're insane if you continue to put up with him because he will NEVER change). Cease all contact with B and focus on you for a while. Live your life as a free and single woman for a while. Get over those feelings for B because it's not going to happen with him.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBlossom3 View Post
        It's a bit of a mess and I don't know what to do...
        Well, you dump the arsehole but not because of your "feelings" for the other guy. You shouldn't date anyone until you've gotten the therapy you need to get past the abuse and what that's done to your self-worth.
        "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

Working...
        X