The love of being solo?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The love of being solo?

Just after some thoughts. I've been single for three years and love it, I'm content and busy and whenever I've been on dates in the past I've found I'm just not that fussed, really, if they go anywhere. So just know I love being on my own and doing my own thing as and when I want to, which I think is perfectly fine. I'm super busy too with work, freelance and other things going on. I know I provably don't want to be single forever, so occasionally have a look around on a dating app. Recently was intrigued by a guy and we had one date and he is lovely and very keen. But my niggle has set in yet again of 1. Whether I have time ATM to put into dates and 2. If I actually love being single more. So I kinda feel torn, in like a, I probably SHOULD carry on with this bloke and force my way through the set in ways singledom, but also... Gut feelings of: I'm not actually fussed on being with anyone. Thoughts?? Thanks!

Girl1234 its perfectly fine to enjoy being single. You're happy so that's great. Don't feel torn with this guy. You're just not ready that's all and there's nothing wrong with that. Don't let anyone force you into anything. You'll know when your ready, but until then just keep enjoying your single life

Comment

You're allowed to be self-absorbed and ditzy/on the fence when you're solo. You are NOT expected to behave that way in a relationship. So do whatever you have to do and revel in your solo life and enjoy it. But don't take that shit into dating. You'll be yet another annoying mfcker putting a bad name to dating apps and a person that serious people want nothing to do with.

Comment

^^^ Yep!

If your going to date in your current mind set then may I suggest that you be honest up front and on your dating profile that you are only looking for casual or an activity partner so that you get men that think like you and the two of you can ignore one another when you're too busy enjoying your singlehood.
        "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

Girl1234 My thoughts are to enjoy your single hood because to each his or her own. I agree with others though. Make sure you explain to any guy that you enjoy being single and you're the non-committal type so there is no misunderstanding whatsoever. Let him know that you enjoy friendship and nothing more. As long as you are clear, enjoy being single.

I know a few people who truly enjoy their freedom, never have to confer with anyone and they are free birds. They love their independence to the hilt. I say go for it.
          "If you bungle raising your children, whatever else you do well in life doesn't matter very much."

Comment

Whats wrong with being single?! Thats wonderful. At least you arent struggling with it. To me all I hear is, I want to be healthy I enjoy it but maybe I should force feed myself a bagel...LOL

Comment

Being single is wonderful!

Comment

Working...
              X