I think my ex is dating my friend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think my ex is dating my friend

About a month ago I had to say goodbyes to a girl that I had been dated for a bit less than 2 months. She broke up because she felt she wasn't ready to be with someone, didn't really believe her but there was nothing to do. So yesterday I stalked her a bit, it had been a long time and I wanted to see what she was up to and I have good reasons to think she has started dating one o my friends. Not a close friend but still someone with whom I hang out from time to time. I don't think he knows I had been dating her recently and I don't really know how to handle this situation. It hurts and I want to talk about it but I don't know if it's a good idea since I only heard of it by stalking on social medias and I'm not even sure they are dating. Don't know if I should do something or just endure the pain..
    Last edited by Jxabynebk; May 15th, 2018, 12:22 PM.

Let me get this straight:

- you dated a girl for less than 2 months
    - a month ago she told you she wasn't ready to be with anyone, and dumped you
    - you crept her social media (because it had been a 'long time' since you had) and you think she is now dating someone who is not a close friend, but someone you hang out with from time to time
    - you want to know if it's a good idea to tell him you dated her for less than 2 months, because you dated her 'recently'

NO !

It's none of your business who she dates.

This hurts and you're in pain ? After dating FOR LESS THAN 8 WEEKS !?

I'm starting to get an idea why she ended things with you.....oy !
    Move along
    The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

Comment

I didn't ''crept'' just saw one of her pictures in my feed and watched the comments and don't think this is weird to fall in love with someone you have been dated for 2 months. Your answer is not helpful and provides no advice at all
      Last edited by Jxabynebk; May 15th, 2018, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Then you should read it again
        The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

Comment

Or you could have just said ''move along'' instead of being so rude? I did nothing to you buddy

Comment

Originally posted by Jxabynebk View Post
            About a month ago I had to say goodbyes to a girl that I had been dated for a bit less than 2 months. She broke up because she felt she wasn't ready to be with someone, didn't really believe her but there was nothing to do. So yesterday I stalked her a bit, it had been a long time and I wanted to see what she was up to and I have good reasons to think she has started dating one o my friends. Not a close friend but still someone with whom I hang out from time to time. I don't think he knows I had been dating her recently and I don't really know how to handle this situation. It hurts and I want to talk about it but I don't know if it's a good idea since I only heard of it by stalking on social medias and I'm not even sure they are dating. Don't know if I should do something or just endure the pain..
            It shouldn't be your business anymore. Leave her alone. Being slighted or hurt isn't easy whether we fall for someone in eight weeks or were in love for eight or eighteen years. Be a bit more rational about this and let go. Don't fester in the past and don't turn into a stalker. It's for your own peace and wellbeing. Good luck.

Comment

Time to defriend her from all social media so that you don't know what she's up to. It will help you to move on if stop all contact which means no contact one to one or through what's going on in social media.

"First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

"So yesterday I stalked her a bit"

How exactly are we supposed to interpret that, then? I agree with Phases. Unfriend her from all social media. And stop being so sensitive.

Great to be back on the forum after a two week vacation!!! I missed you all!!
                "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

Originally posted by SarahLancaster View Post

How exactly are we supposed to interpret that, then? I agree with Phases. Unfriend her from all social media. And stop being so sensitive.

Great to be back on the forum after a two week vacation!!! I missed you all!!
                  We missed you too, honey !!!
                  Hope you had a restful vacation

Comment

Originally posted by SarahLancaster View Post

For me looking at the comments is stalking, sorry if it wasn't that clear. But I agree with all of you I'll just block her everywhere and try to stop worrying so much.

Comment

Or you could have just said ''move along'' instead of being so rude? I did nothing to you buddy
                      You won't remember me telling you to 'move along'.

You WILL however, remember everything else I said to you, because it's the truth, and the truth is hard to swallow.

A few years from now, when you've grown up, you'll appreciate the difference between someone being 'rude' and someone being 'frank' with you.

You've had things sugarcoated for far too long if you can't handle that little bit of honesty.

Comment

Originally posted by pistol View Post
                        hi

You won't remember me telling you to 'move along'.

You WILL however, remember everything else I said to you, because it's the truth, and the truth is hard to swallow.

A few years from now, when you've grown up, you'll appreciate the difference between someone being 'rude' and someone being 'frank' with you.

You've had things sugarcoated for far too long if you can't handle that little bit of honesty.
                        It's all in the way you're saying these things. The others on this thread were frank, you however you were rude, that's the difference

Comment

Jx, get over it. We don't mollycoddle people here.
                          "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

You don't owe your friend an explanation. Just let them be. If your ex-gf wishes to divulge in this info regarding dating you for 2 mos, that's on her. Stay out of it. It's none of your friend's business unless your ex-gf broaches the topic and then, remain a gentleman and don't bad mouth her behind her back. Play Switzerland, remain neutral and remain mum.
                            "If you bungle raising your children, whatever else you do well in life doesn't matter very much."

Comment

Originally posted by pistol View Post
                              Let me get this straight:

- you dated a girl for less than 2 months
                              - a month ago she told you she wasn't ready to be with anyone, and dumped you
                              - you crept her social media (because it had been a 'long time' since you had) and you think she is now dating someone who is not a close friend, but someone you hang out with from time to time
                              - you want to know if it's a good idea to tell him you dated her for less than 2 months, because you dated her 'recently'

NO !

It's none of your business who she dates.

This hurts and you're in pain ? After dating FOR LESS THAN 8 WEEKS !?

I'm starting to get an idea why she ended things with you.....oy !
                              Move along
                              what i get from the guy is he still love her,remember she is the one who ended up the relationship i pitty the guy and he should let them to be

Comment

Working...
                              X