Im bored

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im bored

I feel like I'm just not excited by my boyfriend anymore, I still love him and think I always will but I'm just so bored at the moment.

Any advice?

Why so bored? Is he no longer making an effort to date you, to engage you in conversation, to be affectionate, to do fun things with you? Or do you have unrealistic expectations of a relationship, and feel you need to be entertained every moment, have all of his time and attention, or be high on excitement every time you are with him? That would be unrealistic, and something no man could live up to. A normal, long-term relationship is going to have a bit of both - times of excitement mixed with times of just hanging out, or more mundane things done together. So which is it? Is your boyfriend no longer making any effort? Or are your expectations unrealistic and you think he needs to entertain you every moment you are together?

Comment

Originally posted by 32blossom View Post
      I feel like I'm just not excited by my boyfriend anymore, I still love him and think I always will but I'm just so bored at the moment.

Any advice?
      Excitement is fleeting. Life is generally not on a constant exciting roller coaster. Boredom sets in if you think this way. Whenever there is a lull, think of it as a time to either be together having quiet time or do your own thing separately. You two do not have to be stuck together like glue to love each other.

I've been married a long time and when I was younger I've said I was bored but not anymore. Nowadays, I grab the chance to workout which takes time but I love having my own time. My husband has hobbies and local outings which I do not accompany each and every time. There is such a thing as being happy separately. After that, when you're together, you become more interesting because you're not smothering each other 24/7. Nowadays, I look at "boredom" as my chance to workout and do the activities I enjoy. I'll get together with relatives and friends during other times. Shift your way of thinking and you'll find balance in your relationship. Don't depend or rely on your man to make you happy. Find happiness from within and be at peace with yourself first. Then, you can be happy and un-bored with your boyfriend.
      "If you bungle raising your children, whatever else you do well in life doesn't matter very much."

Comment

How ambiguous!

Care to expand on your situation, Blossom?
        "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

Working...
        X