No announcement yet.

Worth it or quit ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have a 14 year old girl in the house who has lost her parents. Being moody and lacking the ability to express herself is NORMAL in this situation.

i suggest that you and your boyfriend go to counseling or parenting classes to help you help her.

Comment

My advice: #1 you have to think that once you enter marriage, this ongoing problem with the moody sister is never going away. If she wakes up on the wrong side of the bed, there's no telling if she decides to talk to you or your daughter on any given day. The question is can you handle her silent treatment and the never ending argument this will cause between you and your husband-to-be and then he has to deal with his moody sister each time? That is a pain. The other question is can you and your daughter tolerate her mood swings at random for the rest of your marriage where it affects your and your daughter's daily life? This will cause discord between you and your husband as it does now as your boyfriend. Don't become legally bound and committed financially especially with a mortgage and to compile more problems with a new baby in the picture otherwise you're going to be miserable and in deeper muck than you are in now. Sometimes it is best to actually walk away as opposed to making your problems worse than it is now IMHO. You need to think about your long term mental well-being for you and your daughter first and foremost. Problems now will only escalate as time marches on and for a lot of people, divorce is complete financial upheaval. Do you want to deal with that in the future?
      "If you bungle raising your children, whatever else you do well in life doesn't matter very much."

Comment

If you're already in the process of buying a house, then professional counseling for the moody sister. Maybe she needs some tough love and consequences for her unacceptable behavior since all of you live together. There needs to be peace. Not everyone is into the "Brady Bunch" scene. I've known a lot of blended families who don't get along well and some do so hopefully you can work things out.
        "If you bungle raising your children, whatever else you do well in life doesn't matter very much."

Comment

I thank everyone for their reply & advice. I will think about this for a few more days. Give it some time before i make a decision on how to approach thia situation. Thanks again! Love & blessing to all.

Comment

Working...
          X