No friends, No girlfriend, No motivation Need advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No friends, No girlfriend, No motivation Need advice

So I am 20 years old. I lost all of my close friends, mostly to drugs. All i have left is my cousin and one friend from school. I had a girlfriend that i broke up with because she was physically and mentally abusive. Im working a dead end job for minimum wage because i cant seem to find my passion in life. I went to college for a few months then dropped out because i hated the major as well as having some health issues. Everyone around me that i associate with is in a relationship and that just bothers me for some reason. I feel left out, and lonely. I was always the rather shy type, but most people dont have a problem once they get to know me. I live in a very small town where mostly everyone knows each other and theres like no oppurtunity. Now im not asking for a full, in depth tutorial on where to take my life. Im just looking for tips or pointers because I really dont know what to do at this point. I never really had anyone to guide me. Im just looking to get out of this depressive rut without medication or any of that stuff. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Danp226; February 26th, 2018, 12:51 AM.

Due to my past life's problems, I've found focusing on my health to be literally a mental and physical lifesaver. Suddenly, I ate healthier and began a daily exercise regimen. It was slow going at first and then I became serious about working out. I have since lost 35 pounds! When you look and feel great, you become a positive person and it shows. People started gravitating towards me because they sensed my self-confidence and boosted self-esteem. Exercise helps lift depression and helps cope with stress better. Exercise is a great stress reliever, too.
    "If you bungle raising your children, whatever else you do well in life doesn't matter very much."

Comment

Originally posted by chanelle View Post
      Due to my past life's problems, I've found focusing on my health to be literally a mental and physical lifesaver. Suddenly, I ate healthier and began a daily exercise regimen. It was slow going at first and then I became serious about working out. I have since lost 35 pounds! When you look and feel great, you become a positive person and it shows. People started gravitating towards me because they sensed my self-confidence and boosted self-esteem. Exercise helps lift depression and helps cope with stress better. Exercise is a great stress reliever, too.
      ^^ This is some great advice.
      I'd do as Chanelle says. Go excercise, eat healthy and get your physical wellbeing in order. That levels out your hormone balance and makes you happier and more optimistic overall.
      Depression is enhanced by hormonal imbalance. Figure out how to re-introduce the right kinds of hormones back into your body. Excercise, dark chocolate, citrus fruits, lavender, ... they are all known to have great effects on your mood.

Your work situation isn't great. Okay, leave it as is for now and consider it neccessary for your income while you figure out what you really want to be doing.
      Maybe take some time to travel. Do some charity work in a third world country. Get in touch with nature. All these things work wonders to help you figure out what you want. But whatever you do, shake things up. Don't run the same course, because you need something to snap you out of your pessimistic perception of your life.

Comment

Being healthy is all well and good and provides a good framework but you sound like you lack mental discipline. If you never grew up with it or had to have that to survive, it doesn't mean you can't cultivate it now. I think being wise with what little you make and putting aside savings is a good idea and traveling even if it means a short trip to another city in the same country, does incredible wonders. Expand your experiences and your mind, practice taking your mind out of its usual thought processes and practice responsibility traveling alone, develop ideas and opinions, see how others live and interact. Everything follows once you start utilizing your mind and developing your perceptions. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
        X