Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any way to cancel a sent email?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any way to cancel a sent email?

So this girl i really loved cheated on me with her ex boyfriend, who also cheated her several times on the past. They both deserve each other.
    She admited it, told me she was really confused and that i didnt deserve that, called me a wonderful guy who deserves someone better and said she was so sorry and everything. I was really angry, we discussed things and then parted ways. Im not interested in trying to get her back or anything, just to be clear. Blocked her on every social media possible.

But i am completely heartbroken and in a moment of deep anger and sadness during the night i decided to write everything i was feeling and sent her by e-mail.
    But now i regret it. It was too sentimental and kinda embarassing now that im reading it again. I told her how i was good to her and didnt deserve that, and how much she broke my heart and all that stuff she probabily does not care about. Just cried and complained on how much she was unfair to me.

Damn. This will just make me look weak.

Is there any way possible to cancel that email so she can never read it?

EDIT: I found an option on gmail to recall a sent email, but its only for emails sent on the past 30 seconds. It has been 30 minutes already.
    Last edited by fenrir; February 8th, 2018, 05:00 AM.

Too late. It's out there.
    Next time you feel emotional, type the e-mail and save it for 24 hours. If you still feel like sending it 24 hours later, go ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayla View Post
      Too late. It's out there.
      Next time you feel emotional, type the e-mail and save it for 24 hours. If you still feel like sending it 24 hours later, go ahead.
      That's precisely what I do, Ayla

@fenrir,

Expressing your feelings to someone who broke your heart and did you so wrong, is called closure. Some people need it, some don't.
      This does not make you 'weak', my friend, it makes you human.

Instead of assuming how that email is going to be received by your cheating ex, consider it the opportunity that most people don't get, or take, to lay it all out and tell someone how shitty they made them feel. NO ONE deserves what she did to you.
      Perhaps your words will be the smack in the face she needs for dogging you the way she did.

As an aside, let that be the last of the communication.
      She doesn't deserve you.
      The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

Comment

Gmail allows you to recall within 30 seconds. Outlook allows you to recall only if the recipient hasn't opened/read it already. You may be embarrassed for your feelings shown in the email now but I don't think you will regret it in the long run. Your first instincts are usually correct and she should know that her actions have hurt another person. Saying or not saying those feelings out loud in an email isn't going to make them any less real to you so the better you're able to face those raw emotions (writing or not writing), the quicker you will process the break up and be honest with yourself about it.

Comment

No, once it's sent, it's too late. Emails are dangerous. In the future, don't even write a draft email. Write it in Word instead and once you're done, delete it completely. Best to play it safe. Scathing emails or emails which reveal too much about your strong opinions or how you feel can ruin many relationships. I know because I've been there. It happened to me 3x. I've since recovered from those emails but I have my regrets. Keep in mind that those who receive your email(s) will lob back if you come on too strong about opinions and how you feel. It could backfire big time as it did for me. Whenever I'm angry regarding what someone had said or done, I type in Word and then after I read it, I immediately delete it. I feel so much better the next day because I didn't instigate nor provoke any drama or worse yet, I didn't cause a written altercation. Be careful in this electronic age. Truth be told I could've saved myself a lot of grief had I been smart in the first place. It's best to become less available than risk receiving attacks.

Same thing with talking / texting on the phone. Or, in person. Be careful. Best to remain silent than say or write something you'll regret later. Unfortunately, expressing your feelings could have life long, negative consequences. Some people are so severe and will cease all contact permanently.
          "If you bungle raising your children, whatever else you do well in life doesn't matter very much."

Comment

Funny I just wrote about something like this in my ‘work friendship gone sour’ thread. I sent a lengthy email explaining my feelings and didnt regret it. She said she needed ‘time’ to get over something stupid in my opinion so I let her hear it. She prob blocked my email anyhow, but it’s the premise. What’s done is done. No regrets! Repeat after me. Lol

Comment

Working...
            X