And the truth shall set you free

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the truth shall set you free

My husband and I have been together for 7 years. We've had a rough year, and are now moving forward as a family.
    Over the summer, I read a message that he sent to a friend saying he was hanging out with a random girl at 2am. At that time, I was at the ER with my son's. At the time I saw the message, I asked him about it, and he denied it. His response was somewhere along the lines of I just wanted to sound cool.
    Now here we are almost six months later, and the truth came out. He confessed that he lied to me, but it was strictly platonic. Now I have an uneasy feeling, and wondering what else has he lied about?
    Should I prepare myself for a divorce?

Why was he not in the ER with you and your son?

Prepare yourself for a divorce, but first get some marriage counseling and set boundaries to live by.
    "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

Divorce over this? No. Have a lengthy discussion with your husband, a heart-to-heart talk and go from there. Tell him there are major trust issues both of you need to resolve. I agree with Sarah about professional marriage counseling.
      "If you bungle raising your children, whatever else you do well in life doesn't matter very much."

Comment

I'd prepare for anything really. A man who goes out at 2 am, period, without you knowing or the "other girl" in the picture is obviously not a man you know anymore judging from your reaction. You have to discern what brought your marriage to this point and if it is worth salvaging.

Comment

Let me give you a male perspective on this; he’s deceitful. I know this bc at one time that was me. Now if u address it now and go to couples couns. he will unveil the truth. Just to be forewarned it will be uncomfortable and unsettling at first, but it can be salvaged. If he continues to deny and play the ‘friends’ card then you’ll have to decide if you believe him, etc. Best of luck!

Comment

Working...
          X