Should I stay or should I go?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I stay or should I go?

I have been with my boyfriend for quite a few years. We're both divorced and I live with my parents for awhile before moving in with my boyfriend. The problem is I do not feel like I am a priority to him. He seems to put everybody before me and when we lived together he was only home one or two days a week. I already think I know the answer to this question but I can't let go of him I love him too much there is a lot more to this story.
    Last edited by Kelly14; February 4th, 2018, 12:13 AM.

You already know the answer as you say. He's no good. You deserve better. Chin up. You deserve to be treated with respect.
    "If you bungle raising your children, whatever else you do well in life doesn't matter very much."

Comment

I need to start from the beginning. I left my ex-husband and moved in with my parents. I started seeing my boyfriend John and 2 years after moving in with my parents I moved in with John. I thought everything would be great realized the hold his adult kids had on him and he would run to them every time they needed something. They were an hour away so they took up most of his time. Not only that he care for his sickly parents. I had an event for one of my kids in another state and we both went to it and John decided he had to go back home and said he would be back to get me in 2 days. I stayed with my daughter and John never came to get me and I ended up with my daughter for 6 months until my sister came and got me because I did not have a vehicle. I am moved in with my sister and started seeing John again, and we made plans to move in together again but it seems like one thing would happen after another. I felt like I was having a nervous breakdown and I ended up back with my daughter and another state. John loves me and wants to come get me and he keeps promising he will and I keep waiting and he never shows up he always has an excuse I love him very much and I am having a hard time letting go I don't know what to do I can't cope without him he is my best friend.

Comment

We have a long distance relationship right now and a month ago I went on a dating site just to browse. While he found out about it and went ballistic. He says I am a cheater if I browse a dating site even no I never dated anyone. Is it considered cheating if I was curious and went on a dating site and talked to one or two people. I talked to a couple people but it was no more than just Hi how are you doing. I never let anyone on and I got off the site immediately.

Comment

Looks like his top priorities are his adult kids and ailing parents. Either you have to take a backseat in this relationship or tell yourself you don't need this bleep. He's not willing to invest in this relationship as much as you are including his heart. He doesn't have much energy and time to spare plus lack of brain space due to his adult kids and sickly parents.
          "If you bungle raising your children, whatever else you do well in life doesn't matter very much."

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly14 View Post
            I need to start from the beginning. I left my ex-husband and moved in with my parents. I started seeing my boyfriend John and 2 years after moving in with my parents I moved in with John. I thought everything would be great realized the hold his adult kids had on him and he would run to them every time they needed something. They were an hour away so they took up most of his time. Not only that he care for his sickly parents. I had an event for one of my kids in another state and we both went to it and John decided he had to go back home and said he would be back to get me in 2 days. I stayed with my daughter and John never came to get me and I ended up with my daughter for 6 months until my sister came and got me because I did not have a vehicle. I am moved in with my sister and started seeing John again, and we made plans to move in together again but it seems like one thing would happen after another. I felt like I was having a nervous breakdown and I ended up back with my daughter and another state. John loves me and wants to come get me and he keeps promising he will and I keep waiting and he never shows up he always has an excuse I love him very much and I am having a hard time letting go I don't know what to do I can't cope without him he is my best friend.
            So you feel it's a bad character flaw for your s o to care for his sick parents and his children. Most men are not built that way. You both seem like you need to seek counseling. Good luck

Comment

Working...
            X