It seems like most of my colleagues are getting promoted besides me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It seems like most of my colleagues are getting promoted besides me

Iíve worked for this corp. for over a year and that doesnít seem like a long time except a slew of my coworkers got significant promotions and Im making the same crappy money. Oh I supposedly got a promotion and the pos. was a lateral move, same effing pay. Iím not only pissed off and annoyed, but insulted as well. I have over 10 years experience and took a pay cut to work there. Lesson learned I guess. The problem is itís not easy finding another comparable job, but I may have to look elsewhere and take my chances. Any suggestions and or feedback are welcomed. Thanks!

Maybe the corporation is more concerned with performance than longevity in giving promotions. Have you talked to your supervisor about this?
    "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

I have a meeting w/ them to discuss performance, etc. next week. My last review was very good so Iím hoping itís the same or better and maybe Iíll get a raise in lieu of a promotion. I guess Iíll be finding out soon.

Comment

Is this a discussion that is initiated by the employer or you? That lateral move may also have to do with your previous relationship with the woman at work (your other thread)- ie if you were going through some kind of turmoil and it was affecting your performance or focus.
        Last edited by Rose Mosse; January 31st, 2018, 08:43 AM.

Comment

You may be onto something Rose. Ironically she was one of the others who got promoted. It is what it is I guess.

Comment

Try not to internalize it though... not until you get to speak to your supervisor and clarify any questions you have.

Comment

Working...
            X