Moving on

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving on

I confessed my feelings to a guy in my hiking group 2 months ago which his response was he said he 'led me on' but he kept staring at me at a party weeks later.

I have avoided bumping into him for the past 7 weeks which has been fine but mutual friends keep mentioning him to me or they laugh and say they found out he was the guy I liked.

I have seen photos posted by a friend on social media of him cosy with a woman on New Years which he is entitled to do so but it made me feel sick.

I want to move on but these 'friends' keep talking about him to me.

When they talk about him next time, just smile and say "how interesting.' Then change the topic. You took a chance and told him how you felt and it didn't work out. He's not interested in you. Keep telling yourself that. It's hard to maintain feelings for someone who doesn't want you as a girlfriend. Be more cautious next time about revealing feelings to someone you barely know.
    "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

Tell these friends that you don't care so you're not sure why they are filling you in on what TF he's up to!
      "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

I can't really believe this is a problem just tell them to shut the F*** up you don't care to hear about him.
        There is overwhelming evidence that the higher the level of self-esteem, the more likely one will treat others with respect, kindness, and generosity. People who do not experience self-love have little or no capacity to love others.

Comment

tell your friends he had his chance before, but your door is closed now

Comment

Originally posted by foh4k View Post
            I can't really believe this is a problem just tell them to shut the F*** up you don't care to hear about him.
            ... ...

"First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

Originally posted by foh4k View Post
              if you can't contribute, be silent and compassionate

Comment

Originally posted by rabbithabit View Post

Oh puleeeeeeeze. This is not a problem. Common senseless is the issue here.

Comment

I thought Foh's comment was extremely compassionate and useful. No snowflakes here.
                  "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

Hey there youngster, I think I've earned my stripes on this board. I don't think you are in a position to be telling me about contribution. So stick your commands up your pretty little bum.
                    There is overwhelming evidence that the higher the level of self-esteem, the more likely one will treat others with respect, kindness, and generosity. People who do not experience self-love have little or no capacity to love others.

Comment

Working...
                    X