Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've Been Told I Need To Have An Epiphany, But How I?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've Been Told I Need To Have An Epiphany, But How I?

I decided to shoot a feature film that is the career I want to get it into.

But I am told by people that I am crazy for wanting to spend my money on something like that and that I have delusions of grandeur, and what not. I am told I need to have an epiphany of some sort in order snap out of it and see it that way.

But do you think that's true? If so, how do I have an epiphany? I don't want to swayed from meeting my goal, but I am open to having one if I new how to, if that's the case.

What do you think?

Originally posted by harmonica View Post
    I decided to shoot a feature film that is the career I want to get it into.

But I am told by people that I am crazy for wanting to spend my money on something like that and that I have delusions of grandeur, and what not. I am told I need to have an epiphany of some sort in order snap out of it and see it that way.

But do you think that's true? If so, how do I have an epiphany? I don't want to swayed from meeting my goal, but I am open to having one if I new how to, if that's the case.

What do you think?
    Who told you this?

How realistic are your dreams? Obviously the person that told you thinks they are completely unrealistic?
    What they mean by an epiphany is to stop living in LaLa land and seeing the reality for what it is.

Are you prepared for failure? If the money you put into this is lost and you have no success from it , is that ok with you?

Comment

harmonica If you can afford to be creative and risky and bread 'n butter is not an issue, then go for it and pursue your dreams. If you prefer to put food on the table and roof over your head, then be practical, reasonable and realistic. That's what I think.
      "If you bungle raising your children, whatever else you do well in life doesn't matter very much."

Comment

Originally posted by harmonica View Post
        my money
        Frankly, this is all that matters.
        YOUR money.
        And make sure it is your money. If it is not your money and you're repaying back a loan you should be making sure that you have some income afterwards even if from an alternate source (another job on the side) to repay that loan back. It's all dollar signs. Do whatever you want. Just make sure you have exit plans and a sufficient method of repayment if you are in the hole.

Comment

Working...
        X