My wife and her past life.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My wife and her past life.

I recently overheard a conversation my wife was having with her Mum, sister, sister in law and niece, it was late at night after a few drinks. They were chatting about spirits, angels and such things. My wife said that there is one person in her life now that she knows she had a relationship with in a previous life, the connection is so strong that sometimes she feels the need to reach out and touch this person but doesnt because it would be inappropriate. She said it can be torture. Obviously this got everybody else guessing who it was, she said she didnt want to say and would prefer if they would stop try to guess. Eventually her Mum threw my brothers name into ring and my wife she confirmed that it was him. Gasps all around and the conversation moved on. But it hasnt for me.

My wife knew the next day thay there was something up with me so I told her I had heard the conversation. She said she believed what she had said, I was half hoping she would say she was drunk and talking nonsense. She did also say that she was not interested in my brother, just she feels this connection! We talked and talked about it. I wont lie, I was angry, upset, confused. I did bring it back up a few more times over the week. It caused arguments and I agreed thay it wouldnt be brought back up again.

But here I am, four weeks later. Ive nobody to talk to about this. I know it seems trivial. I mentioned it to a friend and he just laughed it off. I cant talk to my family or hers. My wife doesn't want to talk abou it. I feel so confused about the whole thing.

Do you believe in all that past life stuff? Does she have any physic abilities? If not, how does she know who she dated in a past life? It was likely the drink mostly talking, and she has expressed that she has no interest in your brother so what's the problem? The more you dwell on it the more you are going to drive yourself crazy about it. Just forget about it.
    Last edited by Dazed & Confused; November 19th, 2018, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Thank you for you reply and I take on board what you say about dwelling on it. I had hoped that it was drink talk but she has stuck by it. I do feel a little silly letting this get to me, to be honest it has crushed me. My wife feels she has this special connection with my brother, they don't have a close relationship, we hardly see him but I find myself getting annoyed when he is around knowing my wife is sitting there with her special feeling. Do I believe in last lives? I'm neither a believer nor a sceptic. If she doesn't know him from a previous life what gives her this feeling???

Comment

I'm a skeptic. All that should matter is that she loves you and is married to you. She said she is not interested in him so you need to accept that and put it behind you. i can understand this messing with your head, but you have to think about what's more important and do you really want this to come between you?

Comment

What kind of 'reaching out' to your brother was she talking about that would be inappropriate? That sounds to me like she is attracted to him. How does she behave when he's around?
          "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

My brother was talking to our son one day and she felt this urge to put her hand on his shoulder, that's when she first felt the previous life thing.

Comment

From what I see she behaves completely normal around him but then again she wouldn't she, I'm there!

Comment

Did you know your wife was a fruit loop when you married her?

Comment

Originally posted by tram777 View Post
                  My brother was talking to our son one day and she felt this urge to put her hand on his shoulder, that's when she first felt the previous life thing.
                  Ok, on reading this comment I have concluded that she is definately attracted to him. I have been trying to give her the benefit of the doubt and thought it was a case of a few drinks too many. But now this looks like an attraction and she concocted that bullshit fantasy world of a previous life as an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazed & Confused View Post

Ok, on reading this comment I have concluded that she is definately attracted to him. I have been trying to give her the benefit of the doubt and thought it was a case of a few drinks too many. But now this looks like an attraction and she concocted that bullshit fantasy world of a previous life as an excuse.
                    And proceed to tell her and her husbands relatives?
                    As if?

Comment

Hence why she's using the past life bullshit

Comment

Working...
                      X