Complicated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complicated

Relationships are complicated. Even more so when the person's creating the relationship have certain "limitations". I don't get why life is so difficult to comprehend. Why does one have to create more pain and suffering before there can be a new beginning. Its Kind of the reverse of the calm before the storm. How do you tell someone you love them when you can't be in their arms when they need you the most. The answer, I'm certain, is you can't or shouldn't say it. Even when it's what you feel in your heart. Doing so could cause even more doubts and fears. Its hard to sit in neutral when you want to go forward. Even harder when you feel stuck in the mud. So to speak.

Just being confused and expressing my observations.

Lewot I think relationships are complicated when you don't whittle down your search for the ideal person. You meet people according to your expectations. If you set your sights lower, then they're at dive bars, singles bars and clubs. It really depends on the circles you run in. If your sights are higher, then go where the high people are (not drugs). High meaning socioeconomic status. Places such as college and then you whittle down your search to perhaps groups or clubs where your interests are similar whether it's religion, sports, intellectual pursuits and the like.

Other people meet from church serving together (volunteerism, charity work, etc.)

I met my husband at work. At the time, we were all young and starting out our careers straight out of college. Fortunately, our Christian faith tied us together and it didn't hurt that he hailed from a fantastic family life. I am fortunate for marrying up.

Some people meet through family and friends who've already done their homework for you and can tell you who has potential and who is a dud.

In order to tell someone you love them, you have to find the right person in the first place. In order to find the right person, you have to go where they are.

Within my sphere, I've noticed all the good catches were snatched up early. We didn't waste any time!
    "If you bungle raising your children, whatever else you do well in life doesn't matter very much."

Comment

I'll just repeat what I wrote in your other thread:
      • You're a chronic cheater. You don't "love" this new affair partner. What you love and are addicted to is the new relationship energy. Once that wanes, as it always does in long term relationships, you'll be out on the hunt again and you'll be just as low as you've always been.

Why get married or live with someone when you're the non-monogamous kind? You're an idiot to think you can be in a monogamous relationship. You started another thread whining about your lot in life and not being with the woman you love when you are the author of your own BS. It's not love, dude... it's lust.

Grow up and get help for your penchant to be with taken women and women who don't care that you're taken... it's all superficial and its all addiction.

I know her and I can stand the test of time, where all other failed. I just know we can be a loving married couple for life.
        Ya, until the new relationship energy wears off... You'll never change until you start being honest with yourself and what your issue is. *hint... read the bolded part above*
      "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

Where'd you go, Lewot? What do you have to say for yourself?
        "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

Working...
        X