Are you happy with your career? Opinions please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you happy with your career? Opinions please

I'm in college and have been on and off and anxious about having a "real" job after college. I chose a field I thought would be lucrative, which is basically math focused. And even though I am able to manage so far (though it's very time consuming) I sometimes wonder if I'm doing the right thing. I don't really have any alternative or dream career. I'm really only chasing the kind of lifestyle I'd like to live and so I thought math would help me go into finance or engineering. I don't know any other fields that are as "safe" as those.

So I would like to know about the posters on here and how you like your career. Did you think you would end up in the position you are in now? Do you see yourself doing anything different in the next 10 years? What is the best part of your job? What do you wish you could change about your lifestyle?

Thank you
    Last edited by Milena; September 13th, 2018, 01:05 PM.

It's natural not to have everything laid out when you're young. It's important to have a healthy balance between work, play and study. I wouldn't change anything about my work or lifestyle as I have a great deal of flexibility. You've been very concerned about money because of your home situation. Have things changed since you last created your other thread? How is your semester going?

Comment

Hi Rose Mosse thank you for your answer and remembering my post!

My semester is going okay. It's very time consuming and demanding but it's what I was warned about by the advisers and I'm okay with it. I haven't had any major exams yet but will soon.

Comment

Yes, I remember...you're in engineering at the moment. You made that choice and you were accepted in the faculty. Stick with it and see how far you can go. Things will fall into place. Remember to allow yourself healthy breaks and if there are faculty meetings or social events, try to go to them. Things will unfold naturally as they ought to. Give it time.
        Last edited by Rose Mosse; September 17th, 2018, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X