Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should my partner wear her ex-husbands love heart necklace?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should my partner wear her ex-husbands love heart necklace?

Hi Everyone, I am in a realationship with this wonderful women but I have a problem with a Tiffany heart necklace that she is wearing. This is from her ex-husband. I see it as a symbol of their love together. She loves it and unfortunately wants to keep wearing it. It is unfair to request her not to wear it?

It's a piece of jewelry. You can make it as big or small a deal as you wish. He's the EX husband. As in she didn't want to remain married to the guy and now she's hanging out with you. Why would a piece of jewelry be any different than the car, or shirt, or golf club she got from him?

Don't be an insecure controlling fool or you'll end up an ex too.

Comment

Buy her a new necklace and ask her to wear it.
      "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

I still wear jewellery I got from exes.
        You want to know why? Because I love the jewellery.
        Thatís it!

Comment

Candleman Pick your battles. You're creating unnecessary drama. Is the necklace worth the fight? You decide.
          "If you bungle raising your children, whatever else you do well in life doesn't matter very much."

Comment

Thank you all for replying. I appreciate your honest feedback. Just a couple of points on how I think. I am a big time romantic. I use the many heart emoji symbols in every communication. I would not give a poo if my partner was using any other type of jewellery or anything else from her ex. I specifically bought an alternative heart crystal necklace for her. It is the heart, the symbol of love that is my problem
            Last edited by Candleman; September 1st, 2018, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Candleman When it comes to conflict, you have to determine if the person is going to react the way you had anticipated or expected. Be careful with certain people because if you create issues, it could backfire and you'll receive nasty backlash. It could go either way. Either the person can receive your message well and do something about it so it's fair and reasonable for both of you and reach a compromise or this can turn into a nasty fight which you will regret. There are a lot of things in life that you need to deliberately ignore for the sake of peace. You have to consider the person's personality. If they're immature, emotional, volatile in temperament and easily agitated or irritated, you don't want to set them off because if you do, your head will be sent to the chopping block. You'll tell yourself that reaction wasn't worth your broaching the topic in the first place. This is how the world is. Sure, you can reach an agreement with a mature, intelligent person but if that person is a control freak or insistent upon having their way or off with your head type person, it's better to let it be and not cause problems. Some people are very difficult to deal with and you need to tread lightly if overall peace with a person or people is your goal.
              "If you bungle raising your children, whatever else you do well in life doesn't matter very much."

Comment

Candleman Strive for peace. Ask yourself: "Do you want to be right or do you want to be happy?" Always think of the consequences first. Think before you speak otherwise you will be sorry. Let sleeping dogs lie. Don't interfere if it will cause more trouble than it's worth.

Comment

You're overly focussed on the symbol.
                  Just because this symbol has a certain meaning for you, doesn't mean others value it the same way.
                  If your girlfriend really had unresolved feelings for her ex, you'd notice it in a lot of other areas, not just because she wears a piece of jewelry.
                  As long as you're not picking up on any other signs, stop making a fuss over nothing.
                  You can't control the waves, but you can learn to surf

Comment

Candleman ...Grow up, and get a life. There is nothing wrong with her loving someone else too. Are you that insecure that you really think that her whole world should revolve only around you?
                    Stop being such a controlling jerk!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X