Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a tattoo at 48 ?

Hello ,

I have been thinking about getting a tattoo lately , mainly because I had a very positive life altering experience and I want a tattoo to symbolize that , Im just a little concerned that it may be a little to impulsive, especially being 48 , I feel the last few years my mid-life crisis had some serious negative consequences, however because of this life altering experience , I am now making very positive changes to my life and I have never been in a better place!
    I have talked to some of the younger people in my family and they have a positive response to it . They donít feel it would be mid life crisis at all and they pointed out that my aunt got a tattoo in her 60ís . She is a cancer survivor and had the pink ribbon tattoo on her wrist. I am not sure if I should wait a little longer to see if I still fell the same way in a year or so or if I should just do it !!

The tattoo would be in all black ink , on the inside of my wrist, about the size of an orange slice .
    Nobodies name , just a symbol and a number

Young and old , male and female, what say you ?
    It’s time to let go , you have to sacrifice the life you have for the life you want !

Go for it.
    "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

I got my 1st tattoo at age 46 and my 2nd tattoo last weekend....at age 48
      Absolutely go for it....this is about you, and no one else
      The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

Comment

Why not?
        "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

Whatever floats your boat. There are other alternatives such as a non-permanent tattoo. Once you get sick of it, it will disappear when you no longer want it anymore. Just remember when you have a permanent tattoo, it's there for life even when you don't want a tattoo anymore so keep that in mind. I have friends who have tattoos and while they were initially thrilled at the time, the novelty eventually wore off and now they have to live with a tattoo whether they like it or not. Just be prepared for that scenario.
          "If you bungle raising your children, whatever else you do well in life doesn't matter very much."

Comment

I understand that it is a life long commitment, but I believe what has happened in my life is equally life long !

Im going to do it , but Iím going to let the idea sit with me for a month or so , just to make certain!

Thanks !!!

Maybe Iíll post a picture when itís done !!
            dont worry itís not going to be a tramp stamp !! Lol !!!
            It’s time to let go , you have to sacrifice the life you have for the life you want !

Comment

If you're unsure, try getting a hennah tattoo, which lasts for about 2 weeks.
              See what the responses are from your environment.
              Get a feel for the different situations you're in where showing the tattoo may not be appropriate - some work places will ask you to cover them up. Will you be happy covering it up whenever needed?

Then go for the real thing.
              You can't control the waves, but you can learn to surf

Comment

Go for it !
                Just because someone's by your side, it doesn't mean they're on your side.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayla View Post
                  If you're unsure, try getting a hennah tattoo, which lasts for about 2 weeks.
                  See what the responses are from your environment.
                  Get a feel for the different situations you're in where showing the tattoo may not be appropriate - some work places will ask you to cover them up. Will you be happy covering it up whenever needed?

Then go for the real thing.

The henna tattoo is a good idea !
                  I wouldnít have a problem covering it up if I had to , my work or other lifestyle activities would not require that of me anyway.

Comment

Nothing wrong with getting a tattoo. I have one myself and also just got a Henna one done. I prefer real thing so Go for it

Comment

Not only am I going to do it , but It has gotten bigger then I originally planned !

Comment

Please research your artist and don't be a walk-in. The less you make of it around other people, the less people care about it on you because they see that you're not a dick or all those stereotypes that people often come up with before knowing someone. Don't pay any mind to others who poo poo on you. The key is researching the right artist, having a proper concept and going for a consultation. Have a deposit ready and be prepared that some shops will take your deposit if you ask them to design any art for you even though you decide not to go through with it in the end. You can also go in with a custom drawing of your own and during the consultation ask them if the design is feasible (ie if the line work will age gracefully). Shitty line work will not age gracefully and ink that isn't injected properly at the right depth will bleed or blur over time. Lines should not be too close together. Talk to your artist.

Comment

Working...
                        X