weird taste buds?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird taste buds?

so my family eats traditional asian food and we often use this one brand's spicy sauce as a condiment for almost everything, and around half a year ago i started tasting a chemical bitterness to it, but no one else in my family can taste it. The chemical taste was really strong so i stopped eating it, But the weird thing is that because of that taste i can tell whenever someone puts it in anything, even if they try to cover up the taste I can still tell whether they put it in. I've tried other spicy sauces and they don't have the bitterness to it either so i don't understand what's wrong with my tongue.

A friend recently mentioned the fact that there is a town in italy that has special wines made for them because their taste buds taste weird things that others can't in normal wine, but only i am the only one in the family that tastes the bitterness so i am confused. I know this is a relationship forum, but any thoughts?

My thoughts are this doesn't belong on a relationship forum.
    "If you bungle raising your children, whatever else you do well in life doesn't matter very much."

Comment

My thoughts are that you don't like the chemical taste so don't use that spice. My grandson can taste carrot (that he hates) in anything I mash them up and hide them in, even spaggetti sauce (which he usually loves) He's only two so I can't yet get an answer out of him of what his description of what the taste of carrots is to him (it could very well be a bitter taste). Your situation isn't unique in the least so no need to fret about it.
      "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

Originally posted by chanelle View Post
        My thoughts are this doesn't belong on a relationship forum.
        Anything goes in The Water Cooler section!
        Just because someone's by your side, it doesn't mean they're on your side.

Comment

Originally posted by ezaspie View Post
          so my family eats traditional asian food and we often use this one brand's spicy sauce as a condiment for almost everything, and around half a year ago i started tasting a chemical bitterness to it, but no one else in my family can taste it. The chemical taste was really strong so i stopped eating it, But the weird thing is that because of that taste i can tell whenever someone puts it in anything, even if they try to cover up the taste I can still tell whether they put it in. I've tried other spicy sauces and they don't have the bitterness to it either so i don't understand what's wrong with my tongue.

A friend recently mentioned the fact that there is a town in italy that has special wines made for them because their taste buds taste weird things that others can't in normal wine, but only i am the only one in the family that tastes the bitterness so i am confused. I know this is a relationship forum, but any thoughts?
          Is this Sriracha? What sauce is it? You may be sensitive to capsaicin in that product or it may contain nitrites or other preservatives. I wouldn't worry about this unless you start tasting things in your mouth not having to do with foods or experience changes in your mouth in general. Then see a dr. Enjoy your superhuman tongue! I have an unusual nose and have been known to pick up smells way faster than anyone else around me before it eventually wafts in or others notice.

Comment

Working...
          X