Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does she need a different husband?

Hi everyone,

My wife and I have been married for 4 years.

She he wants kids, I definitely don't. That's a problem for her.

We haven't had sex in over a year, because I'm simply not interested and don't find her sexually attractive. She obviously feels concerned and upset.

I feel like I'm looking after a younger sister.

I'm not interested in a different partner, if the relationship ends I'll be quite happy on my own.

I feel that it is up to her, but I don't think she's happy. I'm just so so.

We might be staying together out out of convenience and mutual genuine care for each other.

But it all sounds so weird right?

I worry I am holding her back from the life she REALLY wants... but yet she doesn't leave.

Does anyone have any ideas on this? Is she just gonna go her own way one day when the time is right for her? I'm just over the whole relationship daily dramas and enjoy the comradeship. I am confident in being my self as I am, but I think she might be too young for that kind of stuff!

There is a big age gap, so there are all the stereotypes to compare with, but none of which fit. And stereotyping never really helps with regards to two specific individuals.

I feel that she chose the wrong guy and feel sorry for her, and feel she could find a nice guy who will give a family etc... So, do you think she should find someone else? I think she entered the relationship with a lot expectations that were never raised. I'm just an easy goin go with flow kind of person. But she has a list of A to Z.

Have you ever actually had a long, serious talk with her about how you see the future? Have you asked her if she wants to find someone else? Have you told her how you view her as more of a sister than a wife? Have that conversation with her.
    "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

When did the topic of kids come up? I'm hoping well before marriage? How long were you together before getting married.
      Where you both clear on this huge difference in life goals?

You wonder why she hasn't left, I'm wondering why you haven't?

Comment

Why are you waiting for her to leave?? Why not just tell her it's not working and end it. Is she tied to you financially? Can she make it on her own right now?

Comment

Originally posted by Guywithaquestion View Post
          My wife and I have been married for 4 years.

She he wants kids, I definitely don't.

We haven't had sex in over a year, because I'm simply not interested and don't find her sexually attractive.
          Why the hell did you two get married?
          Just because someone's by your side, it doesn't mean they're on your side.

Comment

Working...
          X