Perfectly healthily guy I'm dating insists on parking in handicap space

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfectly healthily guy I'm dating insists on parking in handicap space

Would love tour opinions on this...new relationship thinks its OK to park in a handicap space because he had a car accident over 18 years ago. He has a rod in his ankle and femur. Mind you, he's run three 26.2 marathons since then AND is currently training for a triathlon!! I'm baffled and I personally consider this a red flag, showing incredible arrogance. Am I making too big of a deal out of this??

I'm not sure on the laws in your area, but in the UK you usually have to have a badge displayed on your car's dashboard to park in a disabled space, which is issued to you by the council.

Does your BF have anything like this? Or is it not required in your area? If he has something which allows him to park there then I don't see what the problem is.

Just because someone's by your side, it doesn't mean they're on your side.

Comment

Wow, that's an unusual situation... And he has never got a ticket for it?

Comment

If someone has a special license plate with a wheelchair symbol or a disabled placard visible in the windshield, it is not illegal to park in a handicapped parking space, and it's none of anyone's business.

Comment

You're not overreacting He's a self-centered turd and I would not be able to stay with him.
          "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

I would ask the same question, does he have a permit for it?
            Just because someone looks healthy, doesn't mean they don't have an entitlement to it.

I'd simply ask him, if you're in a healthy relationship you should be able to discuss it.
            PLEASE use PARAGRAPHS when you post, we’re more likely to read your post.
            For more information on paragraphs please press your enter key whilst typing a post.

They're = They are (eg, They're not wearing any clothes!)
            Their = Possessive (eg, Check out their boobies!)
            There = locality (eg There is a naked chick in the water)
            Your = Possessive (eg I can see your boobies through that wet t-shirt)
            You're = You are (eg You're getting dressed? Damn...)

Comment

Working...
            X