Kissing Emoji Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kissing Emoji Issues

I had came across some private I/M and text messages between my GF (of 8 years) and a few other men, including an old BF and a couple guys she hadn't known for a long period of time (new Facebook Friends). The online messages all contained the "Kissing/Wink/Heart" Emoji among other flirty Emoji's/words within a few messages. Of course you don't usually send or receive those things without some flirting in the mix which there was enough of to bother me. Shortly after finding these messages, they were deleted as she had suspected I had come across them. When I asked to talk about the issue I was told that the text and so on were nothing and that she had deleted them so I wouldn't freak out. That is where she has left it.....a few weeks ago. She has also had phone conversations with some of these 'friends' as well without telling me, and also receives plenty of flirting on her Facebook page which she always says is "Nothing". We live 1 hour and 45 minutes apart and cant be around to see how busy her phone is most days. In her defence, she is a great person with lots of friends. I on the other hand don't have a lot of friends so maybe I am just over thinking and not being open minded to the new way of social connection. At this point I have no clue what "crossing the line" really means. Regards

Have a discussion with her over the boundaries of the relationship and what you bot expect. What can you both agree on? Is she missing flirting in the relationship with you so she has to go to others to get it? Have you always been in a long distance relationship?

Comment

How old are both of you?
      "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

She is 47 and I am 52

Comment

We have had several talks about boundaries and not crossing the line (s). I'm not sure if she is looking for more flirts than what I give. Perhaps....... And yes, this has akways been along distance relationship

Comment

You've been in a long distance relationship for 8 years? No wonder she spends so much time sending flirty messages to other men. As my father used to say, 'shit or get off the pot.' Either ask her to marry you and move in together or let her go.
            "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

Exactly, where is this relationship headed?

Comment

8 years of long distance. I'm sure there is more to what she's doing then you've managed to suss out.

Do tell us why this has been long distance for so long and why you've not advanced this relationship past 'dating' and living apart.
                "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

When you have been in previous relationships, does that kind of thing bother you as well?

My husband and I both still flirt with other people but it doesn't mean we're gonna sleep with them or do anything physical with them either.

Comment

Working...
                  X