Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your hobbies

Hey guys,
    let's use this topic to discuss/share/shoot the shit about the hobbies that occupy your spare time.

Mine right now are weightlifting and video games. WL practices take about 10-17hrs a week, depending on competition season. I just recently bought a new PC to buy video games.

Let's hear yours
    Raised in the Ring

Sweet, good idea.

What games are you planning on playing? What type of games are you in to?

Right now, the only hobby I have is I play comp tennis on a Monday, but I'm bored of it so next week is my last.
    Other than that, I don't have any hobbies, so I'd love to read what others get up to for inspiration.
    PLEASE use PARAGRAPHS when you post, we’re more likely to read your post.
    For more information on paragraphs please press your enter key whilst typing a post.

They're = They are (eg, They're not wearing any clothes!)
    Their = Possessive (eg, Check out their boobies!)
    There = locality (eg There is a naked chick in the water)
    Your = Possessive (eg I can see your boobies through that wet t-shirt)
    You're = You are (eg You're getting dressed? Damn...)

Comment

Yoga and meditation. I've become obsessed with yoga that I've been practicing regularly for a few years now. Apart from the classes I take, I do it at home as well. It's become a real passion for me and I'm planning to get my certification.

I also love learning new languages so it takes some of my spare time too.

Comment

I used to take yoga. I found it very difficult, but I think a beginners class would have been better.

My time is taken up by gardening and photography.
        "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

I have a two and a half year old and a 5 month old grandson who I just love being in their company. I take the toddler to a Parent ~ Tot preschool twice a week and volunteer to organise the class.

I'm an avid walker and a half-avid bike rider too and have just recently taken up Trampoline Exercises. (great fun).

Of course there is The Relationship Forums that takes up about an hour of my time, daily
          "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

overshare:
            i play a variety of games. I strongly prefer games with open world. I recently loved the Witcher. Played the Witcher 3, then thought it was so good I started reading the books and played Witcher 2.

I dont think i really like FPS first to be honest.

I document my weightlifting progress alot, especially my competition progress.
            Feel like to follow my instagram account: instagram.com/fatty77kg

Look forward to hearing more of your guys' shares, like photography, yoga thoughts, tips, gardening pics etc
            Raised in the Ring

Comment

I weightlift 5 times a week after work, but don't compete, it's just for fitness!

I also play football twice a week and am the captain of the team I have recently taken up hockey at the weekends and am hoping to get into that.

I did Muay Thai Kickboxing and MMA for a few years, but it started to clash with football, and I had the choice of boxing on my own or footballing with all of my friends. I would like to get back into it though, it's amazing for fitness and weight loss.

Does drinking count as a hobby? I do a lot of that and I'm bloody well good at it too.

Adding: I also video game quite a bit. Nonsense, I really want to try the Witcher 3 but the sheer size of it overwhelms me and puts me off. I like open world games but things like Fallout and Skyrim which I know require 95757438474 hours to complete just put me off.

Favourite game at the moment is probably The Last of Us, which I still play regularly and can almost speedrun at this point!

Last edited by whatshappeningreg; July 1st, 2016, 05:50 AM.
              Just because someone's by your side, it doesn't mean they're on your side.

Comment

My biggest life suck has been World of Warcraft, I have over 18 months of game time racked up (literally in game) since I joined Jan '05

I don't have the head for games any more, most I play now days is Mario Kart with Rose. Trying to get into Zelda - Wind Waker on the game cube but I play for like 10 minutes then get bored
                PLEASE use PARAGRAPHS when you post, we’re more likely to read your post.
                For more information on paragraphs please press your enter key whilst typing a post.

They're = They are (eg, They're not wearing any clothes!)
                Their = Possessive (eg, Check out their boobies!)
                There = locality (eg There is a naked chick in the water)
                Your = Possessive (eg I can see your boobies through that wet t-shirt)
                You're = You are (eg You're getting dressed? Damn...)

Comment

Celine:
                  what languages can you speak/write/read? What makes you like learning new languages?

Greg:
                  I love The Last of Us. When it came out, I bought the game, waited till a friday. That friday, I worked out, cooked food, cleaned the house. Ensure all the chores were done. Then 2200 hrs friday night, I started the game/
                  I finished it sunday morning at 0400 hrs. Put the game down, and went to sleep. Man, that was an EXCELLENT game.

Raised in the Ring

Comment

OSD:
                    Fortunately I managed to swerve playing WoW. I did get into some other MMORPGs as a teenager (Runescape & Anarchy Online) which were big 'life sucks' as you put it, but I'm glad I dodged WoW as I have friends who still play that game and can't escape!

Also I absolutely loved playing the Wind Waker when it originally came out in 2002 on the Gamecube. I honestly thought about buying a Wii U just so I could play the HD version that came out a couple of years ago... but ya know, 'adulthood' and all that bullshit

Nonsense:
                    I was pretty much the same in that I blasted out TLOU in one go. What a ride! I'm looking forward to the release of 'Days Gone', which looks like it might play quite similarly to TLOU.

Also I checked out your Instagram, keep up the good work!

Comment

I love movies and beers.

Comment

Perhaps my new favourite ever post on these forums ^^

Comment

I like to work out but lately all I've been doing is playing pokemon go!

Comment

That Pokemon Go really seems to have taken the world by storm!

It's not available here in the UK yet, and I can't be arsed to fanny about with the location settings on my phone to get it.

Besides, I'm not sure I can be bothered to play a game where I have to walk around outside.

Going outside?! Preposterous!

Comment

I have been trying to learn Italian for the past few weeks. So far, it's going...slowly but surely.

I also play the piano and watch a lot of youtube. I also cook, a LOT.

Comment

Working...
                              X