Pet Peeves

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet Peeves

In the interest of filling in the gap of topics until this revamped website gets more traffic, I am hereby asking people to post up to 5 pet peeves. They can be about anything.

Also, you are invited to elaborate on why these things bug you.

I'll go first. These are not in any significant order. And please don't think me a curmudgeon. I'm really not one.

1. People who leave their shopping carts in the middle of the parking lot.
    There are cart corrals for a purpose. I've seen the wind blow the carts into parked cars.

2. Those who make political comments on Facebook.
    Yeah, I know I can unfollow people who do it, but I use facebook just to keep up with family and friends and what they're doing.

3. People who ring my doorbell when there is a 'no soliciting' sign on the door. Also, endless sales calls on my cellphone when I'm on the 'no call' list.

4. Cashiers who continue to try to push store credit cards on you after you've said no twice.

5. The ubiquitous use of the adjectives 'awesome' and 'amazing.'
    They have been overused to the point where they are interchangeable with 'nice' and 'great,' thereby nullifying their meaning.
    "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

1. Assault Rifles.
    2. The National Rifle Association
    3. The 2nd Amendment
    4. Donald Trump
    5. Anyone who votes for Donald Trump
    "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

Great idea! I'll have to think on it
      PLEASE use PARAGRAPHS when you post, we’re more likely to read your post.
      For more information on paragraphs please press your enter key whilst typing a post.

They're = They are (eg, They're not wearing any clothes!)
      Their = Possessive (eg, Check out their boobies!)
      There = locality (eg There is a naked chick in the water)
      Your = Possessive (eg I can see your boobies through that wet t-shirt)
      You're = You are (eg You're getting dressed? Damn...)

Comment

@ Sarah, I used to work at big department store in the UK where we were told to try and push the store cards onto the customers. If you put their purchases through without a card number (ie, you weren't able to get them to sign up), then it would be flagged up against you and after a couple of these you would receive a written warning!

It's fucked up I know, but it might explain why they keep trying to push the cards on you. I only ever used to ask once, and had to argue my case over the written warnings on several occasions.

Also, I'm with you on the Facebook politics. As you may or may not be aware, the UK are due to vote this week on whether or not we want to leave the EU. The amount of Facebook politics going on recently has been phenomenal. Fuck off trying to convince me how to vote when all I want to do is look at funny videos of cats!

As for my top 5, that's tricky. There are so many! I'll give it a try...

1) People using the word 'literally' in the wrong context.
        ''It was so funny that I LITERALLY DIED!'' Well, you're still stood here being annoying, so you didn't die, idiot!

2) Spelling
        Yesterday, I saw someone on Facebook spell ‘definitely’ as ‘deffontly’ and then as ‘deffently’ within the same sentence.

If you're over the age of 18 and are unable to spell correctly, please march yourself into the fucking sea.

3) People who use their tablets to take photos
        If there is a way to make yourself look more ridiculous than this, please let me know.

4) Talking out of your arse
        Anyone using phrases such as ‘'finding myself’' or describing themselves as a ''creative'’ signifies to me that they’re a top drawer prick in need of a good shoeing.

5) Fat people who say ''I've tried everything to lose weight''
        Yeah. Everything except jogging.
        Last edited by whatshappeningreg; June 20th, 2016, 06:28 AM.
        Just because someone's by your side, it doesn't mean they're on your side.

Comment

5) Not even jogging. light cardio and eating right will see gradual weight loss.

OK, time for me to think on my 5.

1) People who have conversations in doorways and are oblivious to you trying to get past
          2) People who speed up when you go to overtake then slow down when you don't get past them
          3) Spelling - especially the words highlighted in my signature
          4) "Friends" who never make the effort to return my messages or initiate conversation with me
          5) Smokers... Between throwing their butts wherever they want, disregarding public health rules and taking excessive amounts of breaks at work
          PLEASE use PARAGRAPHS when you post, we’re more likely to read your post.
          For more information on paragraphs please press your enter key whilst typing a post.

They're = They are (eg, They're not wearing any clothes!)
          Their = Possessive (eg, Check out their boobies!)
          There = locality (eg There is a naked chick in the water)
          Your = Possessive (eg I can see your boobies through that wet t-shirt)
          You're = You are (eg You're getting dressed? Damn...)

Comment

Reg, you and I are cut from the same cynical cloth. I'm sure the social media in England is in overload over Brexit. I avoid political sentiments on Facebook because my friends and family members run the spectrum of left to right, and I have no intention of stirring controversy with them, even thought THEY do. My tongue has holes in it. LITERALLY. (just kidding) The literal vs. figurative bugs me as well.

I also hate those touchy/feeling, Kumbaya sentiments.

"I've tried everything to lose weight." (Except not eating so much).

Overshare, I also hate it when slow people form ranks across a pathway with no way of getting around them.
            Last edited by SarahLancaster; June 20th, 2016, 08:35 AM.
            "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

God knows I love my cynical cloth!

And yeah OSD, another annoying one is when they hold the door open for you from miles away so you feel compelled to do the little run-walk to get to the door. Don't hold it for me if I am outside of the door hold zone!!

Comment

LOL. I HATE that too. I love the 'outside of the door hold zone' concept. What would be the exact proper distance of that zone?

Comment

Well, I don't know about 5, but here's a random assortment. I think listing pet peeves is just so much more fun if I channel "Evil Craig" from ScrewAttack

People who chew with their mouths open: If I wanted that audiovisual experience, I'd go eat out your fucking mom!

Antivaxxers: Vaccinate your crotch-goblins, you piece-of-shit burdens on society! You wouldn't want an actual medical expert to perform on your fucking soap operas, would you? So why the fuck are you taking medical advice from worthless celebrities!

Duckface: You just look like an idiot! The worst is when someone who posts duckface photos makes fun of duckface. No, you idiot, we're making fun of YOU! Your half-pout-half-blowjob faces are what we're laughing at!

Peer-Pressure sales: Yeah, you know who you are, you flower-peddling, "would you like to buy your date a rose?" date-interrupting lowlife! NO I don't want to buy her a flower! That's what the booze is for! Now shove it up your ass!

Actually, ANY peer-pressure tactics: "Buy an apple product, everyone else is doing it" - Whatever the fuck happened to people just doing things on their own terms!

Women who call themselves feminists, but think a man should pay for everything and dote on her like a princess: This isn't the 1840s, you hypocritical cunt!

"Type Amen, 600,000 likes will give this little girl a new kidney!": The pet peeve is not the fact that those posts exists. The pet peeve is that there are morons who actually propagate that pestilence! How fucking stupid are you???

Conspiracy theories, and the general anti-science movement: Listen, you chemtrails-believing, flat-earth-idiot, homeopathic-horeshit-peddling, all-of-a-sudden-gluten-intolerant, piece of shit! While I'm torn between standing up for science and trying to fix the problem, and just monetizing your retarded ass like everyone else is doing, one thing those two paths have in common is: YOU. ARE. AN. IDIOT!

People who can't accept that I don't want children: I'm sorry-not-sorry that your cookie-cutter, one-size-fits-all life plan doesn't work for me. I'm sorry-not-sorry that I have the mental fortitude to live the life I want to live, in spite of the constant stream of bullshit you spew (see peer-pressure above). Hey guess what, asshole! That ship has sailed. Now that I'm done replying to this, the next thing that's literally (and I mean literally literally) on my todo list to do RIGHT AFTER I HIT POST, is to jerk off into a vial, and deliver the final semen sample to get the final confirmation that I'm free of life-ruining, semen-demons. And to anyone who can't accept that: FUCK YOU!

Oh man, ranting gives me a hardon. Time to get to work!
                  %0|%0

Comment

Originally posted by Kuky View Post
                    This isn't the 1840s, you hypocritical cunt!
                    Man, that one really cracked me up!

Originally posted by SarahLancaster View Post
                    What would be the exact proper distance of that zone?
                    If the person holding the door can release the door, and it can close by itself before the person walking towards it can get there, then the person walking is outside of the door hold zone and you should not hold it for them!

There is a lot of science (and rage) that goes into my complaining about the minutiae of daily life and dumb social rules!

I'll tell you what else annoys me, nails! Apparently if you’re a girl and your Instagram doesn’t have 965 photos of your nails, then you aren’t cool.

I’ll admit, some of them look pretty. If you paint them all the same colour, it’s nice. If you paint one of them a different colour to all the rest, that’s pretty cute too.

What isn’t cute is this craze of hot gluing jewels, sequins, Cheerios, car keys and other shit you found in the drawer all over your nails. WTF?! Bitch you look like fucking Edward Scissorhands. Don’t touch me with that sticky fingerbling bullshit, I don’t want your AA battery hands all up in my space.

Get rid of your roboclaws. You look ridiculous.

Comment

I think all of this venting is very healthy.

*The "Type Amen" things on facebook drive me crazy, too. Every time you type 'amen,' you name goes into a data base where advertisers can send you endless streams of garbage. I've posted warnings about this on facebook, but to no avail with my 'amen-loving' acquaintances

*I loathe popular expressions like 'sorry, not sorry' (sorry, kuky), 'that being said,' 'the bottom line,' 'I know, right?' etc.

*Any woman who would object to a man turning down the 'buy your date a rose' request should be dumped immediately.

*As Miss Manners has said, it is rude to inquire about the contents of one's womb, past, present, or future.

As for the gluten intolerant, if you haven't watched this video, you will find it hilarious.

Last edited by Oversharedude; June 21st, 2016, 05:45 AM. Reason: Made it embedded for you

Comment

Originally posted by SarahLancaster View Post
                        As for the gluten intolerant, if you haven't watched this video, you will find it hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oht9AEq1798
                        Haha I saw that recently and posted it on my bookface. It's awesome!
                        %0|%0

Comment

Bahahahaha lolzzz @Kuky's list.

If you're over the age of 18 and are unable to spell correctly, please march yourself into the fucking sea.
                          *sticks in toe* It's effing freezing.
                          "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

Reg, in truth, I have been one of those cretins who have held a door open for someone outside of the "door hold zone." It's all because one time I underestimated the speed of the person walking towards a door and I let it slam in her face. I felt untold amounts of shame and sorrow.

Another pet peeve is people who can't function in public for over 30 seconds without gazing down at their cell phones. That goes for people eating in restaurants who find their little endorphin-producing devices more exciting than the person with whom they are dining.

I also hate it when people misspell 'misspell.'

Comment

Haha! Traumatised by the door hold zone. You poor soul.

Another one that annoyed me recently was Father's Day last Sunday. Everyone posting pictures and tributes to their Dads on their social medias..... even though their Dad doesn't have social media, so will never see it....

29e67c7.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X