1 Year Anniversary Gift

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 Year Anniversary Gift

Hey guys! So last week was my girlfriend and I's 1 Year Anniversary. After hours of searching, I finally found the perfect gift. A phone in a specific color that she had been wanting. It was $90 but I knew she would love it and decided to dip into the money I had been saving for a new computer and got it for her. Now, I'm in high school and work less than 12hrs a week so spending this money was a real blow to my small wallet.
    Anyhow, on the day, I gave her my present and got nothing in return. She later told me she had bought lingerie to wear for me as my anniversary gift. I was a bit disappointed and I feel bad that I was, but lingerie just doesn't feel like a present.

Am I wrong to feel disappointed?

Furthermore, a few days ago she saw me on my eBay account and noticed how much I had payed for the phone. She didn't say anything then, but later offered to give me $25 for my computer. I should have been delighted but it kinda made me feel even worse that even though she knew how much I had spent and how long I've been collecting and saving every penny I could for my computer, she only offered to give me $25. Am I wrong to feel this way? I just really don't see how lingerie is a present to me...I forgot to mention she has a good job and over 1500 in the bank which is why it concerns me that she would only be willing to give me $25
    Last edited by Oversharedude; October 27th, 2013, 05:37 PM. Reason: Bringing the thread back to get a response

Re: 1 Year Anniversary Gift

Yes and now that you have entered it the parasite has entered your body.
    You only have a short time left.

Better make it a good one.
    There is overwhelming evidence that the higher the level of self-esteem, the more likely one will treat others with respect, kindness, and generosity. People who do not experience self-love have little or no capacity to love others.

Comment

Seriously dude? you waited EIGHT MINUTES to remove your thread?

It was your 1 year anniversary, and I'm curious as to what kind of phone you can get for only $90.

Lingerie IS a gift, she is presenting herself to you. Had you two had sex yet? Perhaps this is what she was hinting by saying she got you lingerie for your gift.

Hell, I'd love it if Mrs. Dude dressed sexily for me, but she's not confident in her own body so won't.
      PLEASE use PARAGRAPHS when you post, we’re more likely to read your post.
      For more information on paragraphs please press your enter key whilst typing a post.

They're = They are (eg, They're not wearing any clothes!)
      Their = Possessive (eg, Check out their boobies!)
      There = locality (eg There is a naked chick in the water)
      Your = Possessive (eg I can see your boobies through that wet t-shirt)
      You're = You are (eg You're getting dressed? Damn...)

Comment

Eight minutes on a Saturday night, too. God forbid we have li---ohwhoamIkiddingIwasasleep.

I don't know what the actual post was, but either lingerie is a gift for you to "unwrap", or she thought you'd enjoy wearing it so she could unwrap you :P either way, sex is a gift.

The first anniversary gift should be less about the money you spend and more about the thought you put into it. The year my husband finally gave me jewelry (which was our 16th dating anniversary, which we still celebrate even though we've been married for 7 years), it wasn't expensive, but it was pretty and it was my birthstone and it was something I really wanted. We never spent a lot of money - hell, most of the time we didn't have it to spend - but we put thought and care into it, and it made it all the more special.

So if she's buying lingerie, at least put your back into it! :P
        The worthwhile problems are the ones you can really solve or help solve, the ones you can really contribute something to. ...
        No problem is too small or too trivial if we can really do something about it.
        -- Richard Feynman (Nobel laureate (physics), 1918-1988)

Use your spoons wisely.

Give it time. Always, give it time.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucid_Nuts View Post

So if she's buying lingerie, at least put your back into it! :P
          Or you know, his tool
          "The power in a relationship lies with whoever cares less"

Comment

Hey guys! Check out the OP to see what I found!
            For more information on paragraphs please press your enter key whilst typing a post.

Comment

Thanks, now my response looks totally disconnected and irrational.

Cognitive dissonance?
              There is overwhelming evidence that the higher the level of self-esteem, the more likely one will treat others with respect, kindness, and generosity. People who do not experience self-love have little or no capacity to love others.

Comment

I go with what Lucid says. The gift is whats wrapped in the lingerie
                "The power in a relationship lies with whoever cares less"

Comment

It's ok Foh, I doubt OP will be back because we didn't reply in 2.5 seconds

Comment

I didn't realize this was a chat room - I thought this was a forum.

That said, I stand by all of my assessment. Lingerie is for unwrapping - and if it's about the money, it's not about the value.
                    The worthwhile problems are the ones you can really solve or help solve, the ones you can really contribute something to. ...
                    No problem is too small or too trivial if we can really do something about it.
                    -- Richard Feynman (Nobel laureate (physics), 1918-1988)

Use your spoons wisely.

Give it time. Always, give it time.

Comment

Working...
                    X