My girlfriend keeps forgetting...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My girlfriend keeps forgetting...

So, a few times within the last month my girlfriend and I have planned to see each other, but she then realizes that she promised something else beforehand. EX: Last week when we were on a date I asked her if she was free for another date in a week, and she said yes. Now it is the following week, on Thursday night, and she tells me that she just remembered about a chaperoning/volunteer wworkevent at the school. She has poor planning skills, and I told her that I was a little bit upset, because she told me last week that she was free this week. Basically, I was planning on seeing her tomorrow night, but she tells me last-mjnute that she can't. Am I not right to be slightly annoyed by this?

Re: My girlfriend keeps forgetting...

If it was a recurrent circumstance yes. If it's the first give her a pass.

Be cognizant, but don't let it eat you all up and spoil the mood for the next rendezvous
    There is overwhelming evidence that the higher the level of self-esteem, the more likely one will treat others with respect, kindness, and generosity. People who do not experience self-love have little or no capacity to love others.

Comment

Agree with foh4k. If it keeps happening, look for other signs too. Maybe it was an honest mistake, but if she keeps ignoring you, better ask her if everything is OK.

Comment

This is what calendar apps are for. I'm notorious for forgetting I've made plans... which is why I put my social commitments into my calendar. I don't share it, but this way, I get reminders, and I can use it to plan ahead. If this is a frequent occurrence in her life, recommend it - regardless of the fact it works to your advantage too.

But I agree with foh and LadyBug. There's a general sense of disregard from that act. Once or twice, it could be an honest mistake. If it becomes (or has become) frequent, it's time to check in on your relationship - people tend to forget the things that matter less to them.
        The worthwhile problems are the ones you can really solve or help solve, the ones you can really contribute something to. ...
        No problem is too small or too trivial if we can really do something about it.
        -- Richard Feynman (Nobel laureate (physics), 1918-1988)

Use your spoons wisely.

Give it time. Always, give it time.

Comment

Originally posted by 17amanna View Post
          So, a few times within the last month my girlfriend and I have planned to see each other, but she then realizes that she promised something else beforehand. EX: Last week when we were on a date I asked her if she was free for another date in a week, and she said yes. Now it is the following week, on Thursday night, and she tells me that she just remembered about a chaperoning/volunteer wworkevent at the school. She has poor planning skills, and I told her that I was a little bit upset, because she told me last week that she was free this week. Basically, I was planning on seeing her tomorrow night, but she tells me last-mjnute that she can't. Am I not right to be slightly annoyed by this?
          Well she's rude and uninterested by all accounts. *shrugs* Not much to go on though, really.

How long have the two of you been bf/gf? Do you talk to her before the date to make sure she's not double booked herself? She sounds indifferent.
          "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

Working...
          X