This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dreams....

I have a recurring dream where I am a kid again and my mother, sister, and I are eating breakfast in the kitchen when my dad comes down with this unfamiliar smile on his face and tells the family we're going on a vacation and leaving right now. My mom tells my father that she can't just take off work and he informs her that he had already called her boss and they had secretly planned that she would take it off. She responds all excitedly and exclaims "I'm going to go pack!" and my father (still with this smile that just seems...strange) lets her know that he has already packed all the bags and they are already in the trunk of the car, ready to go. My family files into the car, my father in the driver's seat, and as we're pulling away from the house, I look back one final time and see my father looking out of the window on the top floor, watching us drive away with this alarmed look on his face like "where is my family going?" My dream self realizes instantly that the man driving my family is NOT my father, but somehow looks like him, and that my real father is watching us drive away to god knows where with a stranger.

It is the most horrifying and uncomfortable dream I've ever had and I get it at least once month. Have for years. HATE IT.

Comment

I hardly ever dream. When I do dream it's usually borderline nightmare. Like I'm on a mission to escape or on a mission to save someone. It's never a relaxing dream. I actually prefer not to dream now though it wasn't always like this...

I used to have awesome dreams about awesome things. Going to places I've never been, being rich, going on adventures etc. One day I started reading books on lucid dreaming and doing lucid exercises. One day I had a dream and I attempted to fly. It worked for like 30 seconds and then I lost my ability and smacked the ground. I saw my blood leaving my body. I could actually feel a pool of blood forming under me and I died.... I haven't dreamt the same since.

When I do dream, I often have dreams about my teeth falling out or that I'm running away from sharks on land (have had that one since I was LITTLE). lol

I'm weird.
      Last edited by Tootsytina; June 24th, 2015, 10:07 AM.
      It's not always rainbows and butterflies, it's compromise that moves us along.

Comment

I had an amazing dream last night that I was flying this little plane around.

It was really small, like the size of those kids' rides outside supermarkets. I was doing barrel rolls and loop the loops, it was great!

I was so pissed when I woke up this morning and realised it wasn't real
        Just because someone's by your side, it doesn't mean they're on your side.

Comment

I entered a very old church in an ancient city (where my parents come from and I truly love the city from the bottom of my heart)... saw a coffin with a dead young man in it, everything was ready for the funeral that he started moving around for a while until he sat in the coffin and started talking... he resembled one of my acquaintances... it scared the hell out of me after I woke up... I would've loved to get an interpretation..

Comment

I hate sleep lately.
            My dreams aren't pleasant, they're all post-break up worry.

(Slight background - I hate tattoos with a passion, you can't describe how much I hate them - don't ask, I won't tell).

Anyway, last night my ex before this ex (eg, from like 10 years ago) got a tattoo on the back of her neck that said "Tattoo"

da fuck?
            PLEASE use PARAGRAPHS when you post, we’re more likely to read your post.
            For more information on paragraphs please press your enter key whilst typing a post.

They're = They are (eg, They're not wearing any clothes!)
            Their = Possessive (eg, Check out their boobies!)
            There = locality (eg There is a naked chick in the water)
            Your = Possessive (eg I can see your boobies through that wet t-shirt)
            You're = You are (eg You're getting dressed? Damn...)

Comment

OSD, my dear... at least there weren't hundreds of roaches crawling over your feet and hands. Hundreds. EVERYWHERE I tried to put my body.

Nor were you casually admitting to your parents that you'd considered self-mutilation. (Caveat: I have not. I understand the appeal. But I'm good enough at it by accident that I don't need or want to do it intentionally, ever. I prefer batting cages and driving and singing (loudly and off-key) for catharsis.)

The genius of a meta-tattoo is almost irresistible, though...
              The worthwhile problems are the ones you can really solve or help solve, the ones you can really contribute something to. ...
              No problem is too small or too trivial if we can really do something about it.
              -- Richard Feynman (Nobel laureate (physics), 1918-1988)

Use your spoons wisely.

Give it time. Always, give it time.

Comment

You're gonna get one before I come over... aren't you?

Last nights was a bit sad and a bit weird

Firstly, all I remember of one was trying to ask the ex out to "prom" and she looked so beautiful

The next one involved a local shopping center car park, an out of control car, fire, and the indonesian fire brigade.

The night before had be testing beds with the new girl I"m interested in, and as I'm laying there I start getting a handjob but I couldn't get it up (nightmare!) - Plot twist: it wasn't from her, it was from a guy friend and I just laughed it off but the church got really upset about it and I had to fill in a mass of paperwork.
                For more information on paragraphs please press your enter key whilst typing a post.

Comment

Yeah, my next tattoo begins in a month or so. But I have many more to go before I get to ones purely for the joke of it. I hope never to be that desperate for needlework.

I'm pretty sure last night I dreamed I had to help a very strange version of WCv1 sort out the details of going back to school while at work. And when I say strange, picture someone who normally looks like a taller Tom Hardy replaced by the boy from the Blue Lagoon - fluffy blond curls and everything. It ... was really fucking weird, for that alone.
                  The worthwhile problems are the ones you can really solve or help solve, the ones you can really contribute something to. ...
                  No problem is too small or too trivial if we can really do something about it.
                  -- Richard Feynman (Nobel laureate (physics), 1918-1988)

Use your spoons wisely.

Give it time. Always, give it time.

Comment

I used to have dreams where I was stabbed and left to die by a stranger in black in the first 2-3 years of high school. They were not good years...

These days I have a variety of types, some put me in the body of an animal, others I'm driving by places from my past and either seeing them demolished or being unable to enter, sometimes I find myself on road trips with people I haven't seen in a while. And then there was the pole dancing/photoshoot dream from last night but I don't know what was up with that (I've never tried pole dancing before in my life and have no plans at this point to do so).

Comment

I need to start putting more of my dreams here... remind me how fucked in the head I am lol

Last nights dream, I was the recipient of anal sex... I wonder if has anything to do with my other thread at the moment...

few nights ago involved my former rabbit with a litter of kittens (baby rabbits) in the wild, living in a cat scratching post, and she had a deformed face

Comment

I just think they are anxiety dreams. Which is totally understandable.

Comment

Pregnancy dream! I had twins D;

Comment

Last night I dreamed that I was in a movie theatre and my girlfriend was sitting with President Obama in the row in front, then some guys started brawling. Next thing I know I'm walking out with my girlfriend with blood on her jumper (sweater) and she was shocked and saying "I was nearly shot"

stupid brain

Comment

• I don't remember most dreams. The earliest I can remember was just slow moving, pastel colored, psychedelic, two dimensional dinosaurs without any discernable features.
                              And the first nightmare was about being on a rope ladder (Somehow located in an aquarium) over an alligator exhibit, except there were flamingos and swamp water instead, and the flamingos were carnivorous, and a whole bunch of people were falling off the bridge and being torn to shreds by freaking flamingos.
                              It was weird.

Other than that, I can't remember many dreams. I remember a dark black tower in an underground cavern. I remember a very weird sexual romp in an archeological excavation site with some person I'd never seen before. It wasn't even a very interesting excavation site, more like a mine with a few pots laying about. I also remember a sports stadium and feeling terrified of something.

Other than that, I don't have dreams that I remember. I've sleep-walked a few times, and appartenly woke up a whole floor of a hotel by jumping on my sister's bed (With her in it), banging on the walls and screaming at the top of my lungs "THE EWOKS ARE COMING!"
                              Still can't remember ever doing that.

Comment

• I had a dream and in my dream, I keep running and running then suddenly I fell and woke up.
                                Website Removed

Comment

Working...
                                X