This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreams....

OK, so since dreams are a creation of the subconscious, I figured creative corner was the best spot. Anyone wishes to move it feel free.

OK, I have some fucked up dreams

A few nights ago, I dreamt Metallica cancelled the show I've been waiting months for because some tools got up mid show, stole their guitars while they were offstage and started playing Merciful fate.

Last night, I dreamt my girlfriend got pregnant to her cousin after she woke up in his bed with a split condom near her and she doesn't know how it happened.

I'm gonna update this reguarly with my fucked up dreams, but what kinda dreams have you had? I'm not after psychoanalysis, just genuine "I had a dream..."
    PLEASE use PARAGRAPHS when you post, we’re more likely to read your post.
    For more information on paragraphs please press your enter key whilst typing a post.

They're = They are (eg, They're not wearing any clothes!)
    Their = Possessive (eg, Check out their boobies!)
    There = locality (eg There is a naked chick in the water)
    Your = Possessive (eg I can see your boobies through that wet t-shirt)
    You're = You are (eg You're getting dressed? Damn...)

Re: Dreams....

i once had a dream that i inherited a mummy that came alive and killed all my friends and family because it wanted popcorn and i couldnt understand it was saying....

one of the most f**k up dreams ive had is that i was a man raping my female best friend... i kept saying "if youd stop struggling youd like it"

ive had all kinds of weird dreams some times i hate sleeping cause i never know what i will see

Comment

Last night I was looking at my arms and thinking these aren't mine, these are from one of the other me's. Psychoanalysis welcomed.

Comment

I rarely remember my dreams. They seem to vanish from memory the minute I wake. I can remember occassionally remembering parts of dreams and relaying them to my husband, but the funny thing is that I can't, recall the dreams I did relate but I can remember relating them. *shrugs*

The only dream I can remember clearly is the night after my aunt died (I was about 22) I dreamed that she was as the end of the hall in our home and she came to tell me she was happy and I should be too.

Progection I assume.

Last night I was looking at my arms and thinking these aren't mine, these are from one of the other me's. Psychoanalysis welcomed.
        Are you trying to hold onto something that subconcously you know is futile?
        "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

Last night I beat up a few guys who were hassling my Mum. Then went to the store and bought some Grain Wave chips.

Then another one that had something to do with Metallica, but all I remember is someone searching through a cardboard box for lyrics.
          For more information on paragraphs please press your enter key whilst typing a post.

Comment

I used to have a lot of dreams that I was being chased by something sinister, usually I was with family members, and needed to escape. I was always the hero of these dreams, leading my family to safety but often it ended with us in a room or someplace barricaded just as the "sinister" thing was breaking through the barricades. Sometimes I'd have a similar dream of running, trying to escape but on my own without other people there.

I figured it meant I knew I needed to get something done but was trying to put it off and was getting nervous about the upcoming deadline Could be some mixed guilt in there about wanting to help my family yet being helpless to do so. Who knows?

That's cool that you remember, OvershareDude. I'll often have f-ed up dreams but never remember them after.

Edit: Ooh, I just remembered a really f-ed up dream I once had. It got me so upset I woke up shaking and crying, couldn't go back to sleep and even put it down on paper. Dunno why, I was just so upset. I think it happened while visiting death camps in Poland. I dreamt that I was driving a WWII ambulance car, and told my friends to get on the ambulance, particularly I remember one friend I was angry with at the time but that wasn't even there, I think. I closed the doors and as I drove it turned on the gas mechanism and filled the back of the ambulance with the same deadly gas as the gas chambers in the camps. The thing is, I knew I was doing this. I was a Nazi (or something). When I got to my destination, everyone inside was dead. I remember waking up in horror and crying that I would do such a thing. I was mainly upset that in the dream, I did what I did on purpose. Still makes me shudder today when I think of it and it happened a good 8 years ago. G-d only knows what was going through my subconscious when it put together that shit. Maybe I was trying to understand how people could commit the atrocities we were seeing every day on the trip..? Meh. *shudder*
            Last edited by yellow.rose; November 7th, 2010, 04:34 PM.

Comment

It's not always cool I remember, such as the one in the initial post about my girlfriend... I was troubled for days

Comment

Originally posted by OvershareDude View Post
                It's not always cool I remember, such as the one in the initial post about my girlfriend... I was troubled for days
                Yes, very true. Sorry about that.. I meant about the good weird dreams, not the bad. I generally find taking a shower really clears my head after something like that. If you haven't tried it before, its worth trying if you wake up from something like that. You shouldn't be troubled for days by a dream

Comment

I often have a dream I'm falling. Then I shake myself out of it and fall into a deep sleep.

This has been going on for years.

Comment

Yeh thats ok YR. Sometimes it's really cool to recount the weird dreams and the troublesome dreams are so rare. I know what you meant

Comment

Wow I wish I could remember dreams. Like Phases I may remember a piece but lose track of it by the time I head towards coffee. I will also not know what relevance it may or may not have. Maybe I'm a burnout?
                      There is overwhelming evidence that the higher the level of self-esteem, the more likely one will treat others with respect, kindness, and generosity. People who do not experience self-love have little or no capacity to love others.

Comment

Holy crap you're at 559 posts already?! way to go man!

theory is, if you wake up during your dream you're more likely to remember it.

Comment

I have frequent nightmares and I've been told I sometimes whimper in my sleep. I'm not sure I could even pinpoint one that was more fucked up than the rest. It sometimes freaks me out how disturbing my subconscious is.

High nightmare frequency is apparently indicative of anxious personality-types (definitely me), although other studies say that nightmares cause higher levels of anxiety so...the causal link may go either way.

Comment

I talk in my sleep, I recorded myself for one night out of curiousity and I was speaking German

Comment

...and can you speak German? If not...that's weird!

I often talk in German in my dreams but as far as I know I've never done it out loud while I sleep.

Comment

Working...
                              X