This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Note on Spoilers

Okay... I know I'm not the only one who will get pretty pissed if someone tells me how a movie is going to end or about a major plot twist in a book I just started. So I've decided if spoilers are going to be posted, it not be necessairy to state it in the title or anything but to do a little something different, and it's not that hard at all.

If you want to post a spoiler use the QUOTE feature and make the text inside the quote white... that way the only way to see the spoiler is by highliting the quote box.

[*quote= This is an example of a spoiler][*color=#ffffff]Then you can write whatever you want in this little space[*/color][*/quote]

Which will then turn into this if you take out all the * signs:

Originally posted by This is an example of a spoiler
    Then you can write whatever you want in this little space

Nifty, huh?

"Relationships are hard. It's like a full-time job, and we should treat it like one. If your boyfriend or girlfriend wants to leave you, they should give you two weeks' notice. There should be severance pay, and before they leave you, they should have to find you a temp." -Bob Ettinger

Trevor.. i think your on to something!

Comment

I'd like to take credit... but I just ripped the idea from a game site forum. :P

However, they made a special little button like the quote button that did all that for you. Rob, think you or Jared can program something similar to work in the forums?

"Relationships are hard. It's like a full-time job, and we should treat it like one. If your boyfriend or girlfriend wants to leave you, they should give you two weeks' notice. There should be severance pay, and before they leave you, they should have to find you a temp." -Bob Ettinger

Comment

I've seen one where you can put up spoiler tags... [spoiler] [/spoiler] and it did it automatically...

Comment

Originally posted by kuju@Nov 15 2004, 09:08 PM
          I've seen one where you can put up spoiler tags... [spoiler] [/spoiler] and it did it automatically...
          There's a lot of mods for IPB boards so I wouldn't be surprised if there were one that could be added to this forum.

Comment

only just noticed this, it's fairly easy to do, just add the tags and relevant code into the language php files. i'll try to get to it in the next week or two.

Comment

Re: A Note on Spoilers

This doesn't even work anymore.

Thanks to Cashew for the tag!

My sig no longer exists.

Comment

Spoiler for This is a spoiler:
                Harry Potter is actually the travelocity garden gnome!
                Last edited by Kuky; July 29th, 2007, 08:41 PM.
                %0|%0

Comment

I just created a spoiler custom tag. Use it like this (without the initial space):

[ spoiler="Shaving Ryan's Privates"]his pubes are gone[/spoiler]
                  %0|%0

Comment

Originally posted by Kuky View Post
                    I just created a spoiler custom tag. Use it like this (without the initial space):

[ spoiler="Shaving Ryan's Privates"]his pubes are gone[/spoiler]

It didn't work

Comment

Originally posted by Moviefrontier View Post
                      It didn't work
                      Spoiler for Moviefrontier:
                      Based on his one-line posts, I bet he's planning on setting a spam link in his sig, which no one will click on.

Works fine for me.
                      %0|%0

Comment

I remember listening to a radio show once where some guy rang in to complain that the DJ spoiled the ending of the movie Titanic by mentioning it sinks...classic!!
                        "The power in a relationship lies with whoever cares less"

Comment

Dr.Sex

Disney, Walt Disraeli, Benjamin Dijkstra, Edsger Djilas, Milovan Dobson, James Dogg, Snoop Doherty, Peter Dolphy, Eric Domeyko, Ignacy Dominus, Mark-Jason Donne, John Dornfest, Rael Dostoevsky, Fyodor Douglas, Donald Douglas, Kirk Douglas, Tommy Douglass, David Douglass, Frederick Doyle, Arthur Conan Drake, Nick Dreiser, Theodore Duff, Hilary Dumas
                          ~ Edgar Degas ~ view - talk - - related changes - QoD }} and paste it on your user page.Shares of JPMorgan initially rallied on Friday’s earnings report, but the gain vanished completely before the stock steadied with a modest advance in pre-market trading, up 0.For all these reasons, Dr.Sex , Safety and Food - base chakra Belonging in relationships - second chakra Power - solar plexus Self Esteem - Heart Chakra Self Actualisation - Crown Chakra Anyone can see that this follows the theory of chakra awakening of Kundalini Yoga known about for thousands of years.
                          Todd Frazier led the Reds' comeback.Paying a premium Loblaw will pay $61.It seems that after the Bradley Manning Affair the president decided to spring into action to protect America’s secrets, and do what he does best, create yet another government expanding bureaucracy which I doubt has done one thing to improve our national security.Spoiler alert: Despite some big environmental concerns, it gets approved.IQ all raised their price targets on Richemont stock after the
                          ~ Jean Piaget proposed by Kalki 2009 For me there are no answers, only questions, and I am grateful that the questions go on and on.There is an emphasis on a ‘new mutuality’ between businesses and their customers.Life is good.At this time, the strategy for our Tiger Woods PGA TOUR business remains unchanged.Lawyers are going to see this issue, again and again, as more employees fear a layoff or termination.He set out to prove his theory by studying a group of Carmelite nuns as they experienced God in prayer and meditation.

Comment

I've seen what's called spoiler tags on other forums. It means you can cast a shadow over some text and if someone wishes to read it, they can do so by clicking on the shadow or by releasing the tags that hold the 'spoiler' in place. Unfortunately, I think some tags like this get abused. Like some people put in off topic comments with the tags included so people have to click to read what they posted, but it's usually something irrelevant.

Comment

Working...
                            X