Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have questions about the site closing...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oversharedude View Post
    am529 yep, it's amazing to see how we've all grown over the years.
    OMG!!!! I was pathetic. Usually you have to drill a hole in a tree to get a sap like me:

My first post:

https://www.relationship-forums.com/...er-issues-here
    There is overwhelming evidence that the higher the level of self-esteem, the more likely one will treat others with respect, kindness, and generosity. People who do not experience self-love have little or no capacity to love others.

Comment

Originally posted by foh4k View Post

OMG!!!! I was pathetic. Usually you have to drill a hole in a tree to get a sap like me:

My first post:

https://www.relationship-forums.com/...er-issues-here
      foh4k I love your quote: "There is overwhelming evidence that the higher level of self-esteem, the more likely one will treat others with respect, kindness and generosity. People who do not experience self-love have little or no capacity to love others." You are spot on, foh4k .

Also, people who weren't raised with empathy and / or experienced the wrath of unempathetic types during adulthood can't have the capacity to be empathetic toward others. It's impossible especially if they were once innocent and had been since been tainted courtesy of bad people in their midst. Everyone is a product of their environment and influences both good and bad to very bad. Therefore, expectations to behave with emapthy are unrealistic and hopeless. Meanness begets meanness.

Comment

I'm not keen on the facebook group to be honest, especially being the guy that ran the site.
        Can I ask why?

We can always make it private so only we are allowed there.

However, if a WhatsApp is preferred, then I can do that too.

Comment

It's just a chapter of my life that I'm closing along with the site.

By all means, if you guys want to make a group then go nuts.
          By me saying "I'm not keen on a group" that isn't me saying "I don't give you permission" - go nuts, make a group, keep in contact with each other! What I meant is I, personally, do not want to join a group.

PLEASE use PARAGRAPHS when you post, were more likely to read your post.
          For more information on paragraphs please press your enter key whilst typing a post.

They're = They are (eg, They're not wearing any clothes!)
          Their = Possessive (eg, Check out their boobies!)
          There = locality (eg There is a naked chick in the water)
          Your = Possessive (eg I can see your boobies through that wet t-shirt)
          You're = You are (eg You're getting dressed? Damn...)

Comment

am529 yep, it's amazing to see how we've all grown over the years.
            Many have and its a lot of thanks to this site and various opinions.
            But to be honest people that have stayed should be commended for their ability to acknowledge opposing opinions.
            And not stay for the opinions of people merely ageeeing with them.

Comment

Originally posted by am529 View Post

Can I ask why?

We can always make it private so only we are allowed there.

However, if a WhatsApp is preferred, then I can do that too.
              A FB group can have a private closed group but its only as private as the members or admin allow it to be.

I wont join. Sorry.

Comment

I don't see the purpose of a facebook group. What would we do? Just talk to each other? We're all interested in helping others with relationship issues, not just chatting on facebook.
                "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

I looked at enotalone (funny name). I felt a bit odd about it as all of you weren't on there(obviously/different site). I'm not sure if I would join later this year but if I do you'd see me as the same username Rose Mosse.

Maggie, I'm not sure what you meant by your comment above (post#50) but I do appreciate your viewpoints. I don't agree with abrasiveness ever. I've learned to cut that out of my posts and as soon as members were less abrasive, argumentative, ridiculing and rude to me, I had no reason to be rude to anyone else. I had more time to help other members with real problems than constantly defending the viewpoints or opinions I had which were often misunderstood. I think generally more listening and understanding is needed and if we can do that as a group we'd be more effective.

Comment

Rose, I am on there with the same name and I'm not the only one.
                    "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Mosse View Post
                      I looked at enotalone (funny name). I felt a bit odd about it as all of you weren't on there(obviously/different site). I'm not sure if I would join later this year but if I do you'd see me as the same username Rose Mosse.

Maggie, I'm not sure what you meant by your comment above (post#50) but I do appreciate your viewpoints. I don't agree with abrasiveness ever. I've learned to cut that out of my posts and as soon as members were less abrasive, argumentative, ridiculing and rude to me, I had no reason to be rude to anyone else. I had more time to help other members with real problems than constantly defending the viewpoints or opinions I had which were often misunderstood. I think generally more listening and understanding is needed and if we can do that as a group we'd be more effective.
                      Absolutely.
                      Rose Mosse You have high EQ or high Emotional Intelligence. You have the capacity to manage, be aware of, control and express your emotions and handle interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically.

Comment

I appreciate the admin and most people here who were kind, insightful, helpful yet tactful.

Comment

It's just a chapter of my life that I'm closing along with the site.

By all means, if you guys want to make a group then go nuts.
                          By me saying "I'm not keen on a group" that isn't me saying "I don't give you permission" - go nuts, make a group, keep in contact with each other! What I meant is I, personally, do not want to join a group.
                          My fault. I misunderstood your post to say, not so much that you didn't give permission, but that you didn't think we should do it. Misunderstanding on my part.

Originally posted by SarahLancaster View Post
                          I don't see the purpose of a facebook group. What would we do? Just talk to each other? We're all interested in helping others with relationship issues, not just chatting on facebook.
                          It seemed like that's what people were looking for, a place to keep in touch with each other, so that's why I suggested the Facebook group. It's not the only forum that I've been a part of that has since evolved over to Facebook groups. But if there's no interest there, no big deal.

It does look like there is a possibility of another forum / community that some from here have migrated to already? Perhaps that could be worth checking out.

Comment

Yep, looks like enotalone is the place people are heading to.

They don't allow swearing? fuck that!

I tried signing up... they have a character limit....

I am OvershareDud... I hate this new site already... I won't be posting there...
                            PLEASE use PARAGRAPHS when you post, were more likely to read your post.
                            For more information on paragraphs please press your enter key whilst typing a post.

They're = They are (eg, They're not wearing any clothes!)
                            Their = Possessive (eg, Check out their boobies!)
                            There = locality (eg There is a naked chick in the water)
                            Your = Possessive (eg I can see your boobies through that wet t-shirt)
                            You're = You are (eg You're getting dressed? Damn...)

Comment

"Oversharedud"

*laughing here*

Dude... If I can post without swearing you fucking can too. lolzzz
                              "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

You have to be creative about insulting people while seeming nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X