Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have questions about the site closing...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have questions about the site closing...

So my announcement was pretty self explanatory.
    I will be closing the site on 1st April 2019 (No, this isn't an April fools joke)

Post your questions here but first.

1) No, I won't change my mind
    2) No, you can't buy the site
    3) No, I won't delete your account/data, BUT if you re-read the announcement it tells you how you can close your own account and remove your own data.

I'll add more if there are common questions asked.
    PLEASE use PARAGRAPHS when you post, we’re more likely to read your post.
    For more information on paragraphs please press your enter key whilst typing a post.

They're = They are (eg, They're not wearing any clothes!)
    Their = Possessive (eg, Check out their boobies!)
    There = locality (eg There is a naked chick in the water)
    Your = Possessive (eg I can see your boobies through that wet t-shirt)
    You're = You are (eg You're getting dressed? Damn...)

For those who dismissed it... Hi

It is with mixed emotions,

I have decided to close The Relationship Forums.

It will be closing on April 1 2019, Australian Eastern Standard Time. This decision is based on a few factors... cost, member levels and activity, lack of ability to get advertisng on the site to help fund, sites like Reddit... There's not just no room for a forum any more.

As such, new registrations already closed a few weeks ago.

The site will be backed up and archived, and a single copy will be kept with me, in a password protected zip file to prevent data leak. I will not be selling the site, the site name, or the forums to anyone. ever. I respect your privacy.

If you want to remove your data before the end of March, please

1) click on your profile name in the top right hand corner of the home page
    2) Click Edit Settings under your profile picture
    3) Click on Privacy, the tab under "Back to Profile" (this URL may also work Click here to go to the privacy page
    4) Untick "I agree to the Privacy Policy ..... If consent is withdrawn, this account will be deleted after 3 days"
    5) Click Save.

This will then log you out. Don't log back in otherwise you will be re-granting consent. This will delete your user profile, posts, and all associated data (I'm told...)

I will NOT be responding to email requests after this date.

I'd like to offer a massive, heartfelt thank you, to everyone who has graced the site over the years, members gone and members present. You guys made this site a home for me for nearly 15 years, as well as the others from its inception, approximately 20 years ago.

The only place I will be looking for questions will be in the Site Feedback forum.

OvershareDude
    For more information on paragraphs please press your enter key whilst typing a post.

Comment

Ah too bad.. i have learnt a great deal from regular posters here and it was indeed a serious and helpful forum providing good advice to people...

Comment

Oversharedude Thank you for the great job you did on this site (The Relationship Forums) and thank you to the moderators, too. I'm grateful. I appreciated the help, advice and insights when I needed it. I'm sorry this site has to close but it's understandable. Thank you for the great run.

Comment

Thanks Chanelle,
          Sorry your time here was cut short, but you certainly made a positive impact while you were here so thank you for that.

Comment

Onwards and forwards. I've learned a lot. All the best to you all.

Comment

I first stumbled on this forum with a question myself. 3 years ago.
              It was only about a recent fling at the time, nothing too concerning for me. I don’t recall anyone’s reply except
              phasesofthemoon

She was so blunt, straight to the point AND spot on! And the reason I stayed here to be honest!

I have learnt so much about relationships since being here.
              And I can only hope others have learnt from my input.

Im not sorry the site is closing. I probably won’t seek another.
              But there are a few people that I would like to stay in touch with. Phases, Pollon, Sarah , Reg, OSD, Dazed.

If anyone wants to stay in touch , pm me.

Thanks OSD!!

Comment

Man, I'm sorry to hear this. I've been here probably about 10 years now, and I've always enjoyed my time. It's been an enjoyable place to come.

I'll hold out hope that, based on the date, this is an elaborate April Fool's joke. But I guess all that's left is to enjoy the brief time that is left.

Comment

Sorry am529 but I did think about that when I picked the date. It's not an elaborate AF joke, I was gonna put March 31st, but that's the 30th for most members. 1st April my time, will be March 31st most others.

Comment

Originally posted by Maggiemay4791 View Post

Thanks OSD!!
                    Me either, I don't know any other forum as serious and as helpful as this one on the relationships.. When posting about my problems, I was really feeling like getting some professional help... I too would like to keep in touch with some older members here from whom I have learnt a great deal

Comment

Originally posted by Maggiemay4791 View Post
                      I first stumbled on this forum with a question myself. 3 years ago.
                      It was only about a recent fling at the time, nothing too concerning for me. I don’t recall anyone’s reply except
                      phasesofthemoon

She was so blunt, straight to the point AND spot on! And the reason I stayed here to be honest!

I have learnt so much about relationships since being here.
                      And I can only hope others have learnt from my input.

But there are a few people that I would like to stay in touch with. Phases, Pollon, Sarah , Reg, OSD, Dazed.

If anyone wants to stay in touch , pm me.

Thanks OSD!!

I definitely want to stay in touch*******
                      "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

I joined this forum a few months ago to post an issue. It was only meant to be brief but i didn't expect to meet some wonderful people here that i would definitely like to stay in touch with x
                        I say it as I see it. Don't take it personally!

Comment

I too am sad to see this forum go! I have enjoyed my time here since joining with my own problems back in 2014, and hope that I was able to help someone during my time. Some good laughs and memories over the years…

Oversharedude's good sense of humour which often made me smile, and great job at running the site

The no-nonsense posting of nonsense back when he was a regular

The great insights of Pollon , which have taught me loads and changed the way I analyse things

MonaLisa and SisterInChrist2014 were good fun before they unfortunately left the forum during that period when the servers were bad

The much welcomed addition of Maggiemay4791 and SarahLancaster whose great sense of humour and no bullshit posting has provided me with much entertainment and education

The wise oak and all-round nice bloke that is foh4k popping up every now and again with some great comments, another person who taught me a lot through his insight and experience

And of course the inimitable queen of thorns and the heavyweight champion of sass… phasesofthemoon aka Dame Helen Mirren… always shooting from the hip and taking no prisoners with her talk of codependency, ‘’Girl Ballzz’’, and how she used to get stoned on the porch with her husband. (I’m 99% sure that was you anyway )

Also shout out to the recent influx of regulars - Dazed & Confused Rose Mosse chanelle and anyone else I missed!

Cheers!

Last edited by whatshappeningreg; March 4th, 2019, 07:39 AM.
                          Just because someone's by your side, it doesn't mean they're on your side.

Comment

Also I'm happy to stay in touch with people if anyone would like
                            Just because someone's by your side, it doesn't mean they're on your side.

Comment

Originally posted by whatshappeningreg View Post
                              Also I'm happy to stay in touch with people if anyone would like
                              You were one of the best things to happen to this site! Big hug to you, Reg. May all good things happen to you, always.

... I'll miss all the regulars I wish you the best going forth. Maggie and Sarah you guys were great mods and kept it real.

I'm glad to have helped those I did and a big F.U. to the rest .. lolzzz

been here a while now... gonna miss the freedom of speech this site afforded me so thanks and a big shout out to you OSD for all you've done to keep things going smoothly for so long and putting up with my "your" and "you're" and "their" and "there" and all the rest of my grammatical/spelling edits. *hugs*
                              "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

Working...
                              X