This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I overreacting ? Or, Should I Run?

Last edited by cuyler15; November 16th, 2018, 01:18 PM. Reason: posted in wrong forum

Why exactly are you still with him?
    "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

I did post a lot of negative things. Positive things is I know he loves us, he just shows it in a different way? I have tried to be patient and wait until he gets his finances under control. He did start a second job but that lasted only three days and no he doesn't think it is worth it. He stays an extra hour at work for overtime to help out and tells me he is working his butt off to help with the financial bs but I have to ask him for it and then I get the response I stated above. His response to me being upset about how he goes about parenting is that I need to back him up so that she respects him, which I get under the right circumstances. He tells me that the sensitive method doesn't do anytning most times so sometimes you have to take stuff away (which I get but that's usually his go to before even letting her explain). He doesn't think my daughter respects him and he thinks I want the family "divided". When we aren't having issues things go well, they could be better. We haven't talked since I told him to leave yesterday and I needed time to think. I think moving on is probably my best option.
      Last edited by cuyler15; November 16th, 2018, 01:10 PM.

Comment

I definitely think it's your best option. Your saying that you know he loves you is just making excuses for him. Love isn't enough for a relationship. There must be respect and a willingness to compromise.

You've known him only 8 months and you let him move in with you and allowed him to start disciplining your daughter. You allow him to rip up her books when she doesn't do what he says???? Do you have any impulse control? And more importantly, will you learn from your mistakes that lust is not love? And dreamy feelings about a man isn't enough to have him move in with you.

He clearly doesn't respect you or your parenting style. He's not pulling his weight in the finances.

The first thing I would recommend (after you kick his ass to the curb) is to work on yourself and your own self-esteem. Work on convincing yourself that you're worth having someone who is kind and caring. And for heaven's sake, get to know someone first before you engage yourself and your child in this unsatisfactory and inappropriate lifestyle.
        "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

Working...
        X