New GDPR legislation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New GDPR legislation

Given the new GDPR legislation can you still justify your "WE WILL NOT EDIT/DELETE YOUR POSTS/ACCOUNT*" policy? This would appear to be a clear breach of the new Europe wide ruling.

Hi Matt.

I'm not entirely sure, but having briefly researched this I think that we're OK, since the forum provides anonymity for its users.

Only the moderators have access to any 'personal data', and this only includes an email address.

Perhaps Oversharedude can provide a more detailed answer.
    Just because someone's by your side, it doesn't mean they're on your side.

Comment

On further investigation, I believe Reg^^^ is correct. This forum doesn't collect personal data other than email addresses. Interesting.
      Last edited by SarahLancaster; May 25th, 2018, 09:57 AM.
      "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

GDPR is with respect to marketing.
        So, no it doesn't apply to a non marketing forum.

Comment

I'll review the requirements of both the Relationship Forums and vBulletin, the platform which it's hosted on, to ensure we comply.

We don't collect / sell personal information, because everyone is supposed to be anonymous by their own discretion.

I will concede that the "will not" rule is a bit old school and is probably due for review anyway
          PLEASE use PARAGRAPHS when you post, were more likely to read your post.
          For more information on paragraphs please press your enter key whilst typing a post.

They're = They are (eg, They're not wearing any clothes!)
          Their = Possessive (eg, Check out their boobies!)
          There = locality (eg There is a naked chick in the water)
          Your = Possessive (eg I can see your boobies through that wet t-shirt)
          You're = You are (eg You're getting dressed? Damn...)

Comment

PLEASE use PARAGRAPHS when you post, were more likely to read your post.
            For more information on paragraphs please press your enter key whilst typing a post.

They're = They are (eg, They're not wearing any clothes!)
            Their = Possessive (eg, Check out their boobies!)
            There = locality (eg There is a naked chick in the water)
            Your = Possessive (eg I can see your boobies through that wet t-shirt)
            You're = You are (eg You're getting dressed? Damn...)

Comment

Working...
            X