This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I stay or should I go?

Ive been in a relationship for 12 years and we've been living togheter for the past 4 years. At the start of everything he said we'll get married as soon as we're done with school. Now he's almost 31, hasn't finished college yet, and sits at home playing games all day. While Ive been working full time for 4 years. Don't get me wrong he's a good guy and has helped alot and he's mother died 4 years ago. But for the past year I've been getting tired and feel stuck. He says im whiny about getting married and that i should stop complaining and lose weight and get healthy. So so far i kinda gave up and stopped caring about marriage. I feel like I'm always comprosing and giving up on the things that I wanna do and I feel like I'm waisting my life. But on the otherside I feel like maybe I'm just being selfish and that I should be happy with what I have since I'm almost 30. I really don't know what to do and I have nobody to talk to. I'm tired and just sad sometimes I just wish i could stop existing or die and start over.

Time to dump the loser. You deserve better. 12 years is a long time and living together for 4 years is a long time, too. Forget about marriage. Marriage will make your relationship worse! Time to go your separate ways.
    "If you bungle raising your children, whatever else you do well in life doesn't matter very much."

Comment

Yep... marriage isn't going to suddenly make an unmotivated sloth suddenly do something with his life. You know you need to leave so just do it. I usually suggest couples therapy when I see a relationship of that length but it seems he'd not be motivated or interested in doing the work it will take to get your emotional connection back on track.

"First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

Your'e wasting your time with him. He sounds like what he is....an unappreciative slob. You sound like bright person who is tired & worn out.

You know that this is going nowhere but downhill. Your'e only 30 years old & you can be whatever you want to be. Dump him!

Comment

Originally posted by Mika1w38 View Post
          Ive been in a relationship for 12 years and we've been living togheter for the past 4 years. At the start of everything he said we'll get married as soon as we're done with school. Now he's almost 31, hasn't finished college yet, and sits at home playing games all day. While Ive been working full time for 4 years. Don't get me wrong he's a good guy and has helped alot and he's mother died 4 years ago. But for the past year I've been getting tired and feel stuck. He says im whiny about getting married and that i should stop complaining and lose weight and get healthy. So so far i kinda gave up and stopped caring about marriage. I feel like I'm always comprosing and giving up on the things that I wanna do and I feel like I'm waisting my life. But on the otherside I feel like maybe I'm just being selfish and that I should be happy with what I have since I'm almost 30. I really don't know what to do and I have nobody to talk to. I'm tired and just sad sometimes I just wish i could stop existing or die and start over.
          You just want to stop existing, die and start over? ........maybe get a few more mushrooms and stars for this level next time? You're talking like a video game. Why are you continuing to stay in this go-nowhere place with this video-game deadbeat?

Are you stuck financially?

Comment

Working...
          X