Fools reporting my valid contributions as spam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fools reporting my valid contributions as spam

I really don't see a point to wasting my time on this site if this will be allowed to go on. I value my time and my contributions to the threads might not be to everyone's liking but they are well though out and written out. Which is more than I can say for huge chunks of text that hurt the eyes some people leave here. If just any fool can mark my well thought out and valid contribution to some thread as spam, just because the fool and I disagree, and this makes my post disappear than I will not waste my precious time here. Address this or remain a forum tailored to fools.
    Last edited by eve.ashley; November 8th, 2017, 04:43 PM.

Eve, I just approved your post. What was deleted?
    "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

Originally posted by SarahLancaster View Post
      Eve, I just approved your post. What was deleted?
      OK, thank you very much for dealing with it. I tried to edit my post in one of the threads and I got notified that it was flagged as spam and it will not reappear until it was verified it wasn't spam. Since it wasn't super long and couldn't been an automatic spam filter mistaking it for a spam message I assumed people have reported it as spam. You know in a sort of passive aggressive disagreeing with it manner. I have bad experiences with some online forums being quite Orwellian places, anti-free speech, highly censored on a whim, even anti-intellectual with a bunch of people acting like children. I'm sure you understand that these are the kind of places i really don't need to waste my time on, and I am so glad this isn't one of them as I quite liked the forum upon first glance. I like it even more now. Thank you for resolving the matter in a fair way. Cheers.

Comment

I don't think anyone flagged it as spam. I'm not sure how the filter works, but sometimes it will flag posts for approval that are perfectly fine.
        "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

Originally posted by SarahLancaster View Post
          I don't think anyone flagged it as spam. I'm not sure how the filter works, but sometimes it will flag posts for approval that are perfectly fine.
          Oh, then my bad. I was just baffled as to what is going on and assumed censorship due to past experiences. I'm very glad I was wrong.
          Last edited by eve.ashley; November 8th, 2017, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Hi Eve. The spam filter seems to work most of the time but occasionally some non-spam posts get flagged up.

We'll approve the posts that aren't spam when we see them, so don't worry about it.

Originally posted by eve.ashley View Post
            I assumed people have reported it as spam. You know in a sort of passive aggressive disagreeing with it manner.
            Very rarely do people flag/report messages just because they don't agree with them, and when they do we just ignore them. We are very pro free speech!

Last edited by whatshappeningreg; November 9th, 2017, 11:11 AM.
            Just because someone's by your side, it doesn't mean they're on your side.

Comment

Originally posted by whatshappeningreg View Post
              Hi Eve. The spam filter seems to work most of the time but occasionally some non-spam posts get flagged up.

We'll approve the posts that aren't spam when we see them, so don't worry about it.

And very rarely do people flag/report messages just because they don't agree with them, and when they do we just ignore them. We are very pro free speech!
              Yes, already learned as much. Totally over the moon about this forum. A rare and valuable spot. Thank you all for giving us this place.

Comment

I didn't get any flagged reports on you Eve.

Just a glitch in the the system I think that some automatically get filtered and need to be approved.

Comment

Originally posted by eve.ashley View Post
                  I really don't see a point to wasting my time on this site if this will be allowed to go on. I value my time and my contributions to the threads might not be to everyone's liking but they are well though out and written out. Which is more than I can say for huge chunks of text that hurt the eyes some people leave here. If just any fool can mark my well thought out and valid contribution to some thread as spam, just because the fool and I disagree, and this makes my post disappear than I will not waste my precious time here. Address this or remain a forum tailored to fools.
                  This has happened to me on an edit Eve, and it didn't show up right away but rather like onen half hour later. I think it's just a weird glitch that rectifies itself. When it happened to me the first time it was a long and detailed response I said like WTF? Then I came back later and there it was. Don't know why it happens but don't fear it will show up
                  There is overwhelming evidence that the higher the level of self-esteem, the more likely one will treat others with respect, kindness, and generosity. People who do not experience self-love have little or no capacity to love others.

Comment

Originally posted by foh4k View Post

This has happened to me on an edit Eve, and it didn't show up right away but rather like onen half hour later. I think it's just a weird glitch that rectifies itself. When it happened to me the first time it was a long and detailed response I said like WTF? Then I came back later and there it was. Don't know why it happens but don't fear it will show up
                    Yep; i figured it out too, it's an edit glitch. I'm avoiding editing my posts now and it should be fine. Cheers

Comment

Are you gonna post something that we need to moderate you for?

Yeah, it's system related. No one has specifically flagged any posts lately as spam.
                      PLEASE use PARAGRAPHS when you post, we’re more likely to read your post.
                      For more information on paragraphs please press your enter key whilst typing a post.

They're = They are (eg, They're not wearing any clothes!)
                      Their = Possessive (eg, Check out their boobies!)
                      There = locality (eg There is a naked chick in the water)
                      Your = Possessive (eg I can see your boobies through that wet t-shirt)
                      You're = You are (eg You're getting dressed? Damn...)

Comment

Originally posted by Oversharedude View Post
                        Are you gonna post something that we need to moderate you for?

Yeah, it's system related. No one has specifically flagged any posts lately as spam.
                        Yep it's an edit glitch. I've been known to be irreverent at times, but never a bully, or posting something illegal, or even spam.

Comment

Working...
                        X