Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearts or green notches?

So I've just updated a few things

1) The logo... I'm not sure if I like it... I wanted to ACTUALLY use the Heart and Brain comics but the artist wouldn't agree, which is cool. If anyone wants to have a go at designing one (transparent background) feel free to post a link
    2) Changed the rep indicator from green bars to hearts... To me, this kinda has a "Legend of Zelda" feel to it and I like it

Comments? Suggestions on alternatives? General feedback?

I'm still ironing out some other items such as bringing back the custom fields (gender and relationship status), if I can, and something else but I forgot, it's late.
    PLEASE use PARAGRAPHS when you post, we’re more likely to read your post.
    For more information on paragraphs please press your enter key whilst typing a post.

They're = They are (eg, They're not wearing any clothes!)
    Their = Possessive (eg, Check out their boobies!)
    There = locality (eg There is a naked chick in the water)
    Your = Possessive (eg I can see your boobies through that wet t-shirt)
    You're = You are (eg You're getting dressed? Damn...)

The hearts are much better than the green bars.
    "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

Like the hearts better then the green bars as well.

I like the red heart in the logo too but not too keen on the pink thingy in the word "forums." I think two red hearts would look more uniform.
      "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

I agree with phases about the pink thingy. It's an odd looking thing.

Also...I seem to have a picture icon with the turned-down corner on my profile. What's that about?
        Last edited by SarahLancaster; June 14th, 2016, 08:22 PM.
        "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

lol the pink thing is meant to be a brain.

OK it's done

The profile thing... it's probably a carry over from the image that used to exist with the yellow flowers
          For more information on paragraphs please press your enter key whilst typing a post.

Comment

Yes... that looks great now ...
            "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

Bravo!! It looks beautiful. A brain? hmmmmmmm. I thought someone spilled pepto bismol. :closedeye

Comment

Originally posted by Oversharedude View Post
                o me, this kinda has a "Legend of Zelda" feel to it and I like it.
                It's very Zelda!

*blows into my Ocarina*

Starting to like this layout a bit more now I am learning how to use it. I find that posting (particularly quoting others) is a lot easier and faster to do.

Just because someone's by your side, it doesn't mean they're on your side.

Comment

and you can mention people by typing whatshappeningreg

Comment

Hearts or Green Notches.
                    Dude, How do we give new members reputation so that those black hearts under their screen names turn red? Not sure if anyone else asked the question but if they did, I missed it.

Comment

phase, you give reputation by hitting the like button.

Comment

Originally posted by SarahLancaster View Post
                        phase, you give reputation by hitting the like button.
                        This.

But I've changed the formula because I would rep someone and basically fill their hearts.
                        PM me whos post you liked and I'll confirm that their rep rating has gone up

Comment

I'm still running into that 30 second wait when I switch between my posts, today's posts, and new topics.

Comment

This.

But I've changed the formula because I would rep someone and basically fill their hearts.
                            PM me whos post you liked and I'll confirm that their rep rating has gone up
                            How many likes do they need before a heart is turned read?

Can't remember who it was I "liked" now so can't email you, sorry but I have "liked" several posts without seeing a change... hence why I ask.
                            Last edited by phasesofthemoon; July 8th, 2016, 01:06 PM.

Comment

OK no worries, maybe I tweaked it too much.
                              Next time you like someone phases, can you message me who it was?

SarahLancaster I think because it classes as a search, and theres a delay between search queries. I'll double check that.

Comment

Working...
                              X