X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy Vagina? :s

Hi all...

I was just wondering if anyone else here has experienced a feeling of heaviness in their vagina, especially after sex or during a really heavy period?

I'm getting a wee bit worried because I'm getting this feeling alot. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to it, but well I had it today and it was pretty bad. I usually get it like an hour or so after sex (not all the time though) or during a really heavy period/just before my period (again, not all the time) so its kinda hard to pin point exactly when it occurs.This heavy feeling will last for hours too (lasted for about 2-3 hours today) and makes walking or standing totally uncomfortable and will only pass if I sit or lie down.

Now for those of you don't know, I've also been diagnosed with "vaginismus" (in other words my PC muscles contract hard and randomly causing major pain when anything is stuck in there...makes sex impossible sometimes too) but I don't think that would have an effect on this.

Did some googling with just "vaginal heaviness" and it resoundingly came up with bladder/anus/uterine prolapse....now I'm not going to flip out and be like OMG this is what I have....I go for my annual physicals and whenever they've done their little fingering thing they've all said that I'm ok....I mean if something inside me is all prolapsing and crap it would go with gravity wouldn't it (ie. be around all the time, not just random moments)? Is there something else that could be causing this feeling?

I look to those of you with medical experience or similar feelings of heaviness....

I'm gonna go see a doctor about it either way (it does worry me that its getting a bit more frequent, yet still random) but I just wanted to know if I'm over-reacting or on some sort of crack or something first....

Megan

Deviant Art page: http://dtbmnec.deviantart.com

My two demons:
    Leo - male kitten April 15, 2006
    Pawz - male kitten April 5th, 2006

Re: Heavy Vagina? :s

Prolapse is a condition where an organ (such as a uterus) becomes disconnected from the inside and is, basically, hanging out of the orifice its connected to. In the case of uterine prolapse, it is most often associated with childbirth. (I gonna assume you HAVEN'T had a kid recently. Seems like something you would have shared with the group.)

What got MY attention was when you mentioned you had trouble walking. I remember a G/F of mine who had an allergic reaction that caused her genitalia to swell (rather significantly) and SHE had trouble walking. So I ask: Do you have any similar swelling?

Comment

Damn right I'd have announced imminent child birth with you guys! I'd have my own thread with caps and happy dances abound! lol (or on the other end of the spectrum if I weren't happy about it, I'd still have a thread and probably be rambling about options and things)

No I didn't swell up....and it was uncomfortable to walk because I felt like everything was going to fall out! :s

There isn't much that would cause an allergic reaction as the boyfriend isn't using condoms (because I'm on the pill)...unless all this time I've been allergic to semen :s Of course that doesn't make sense either because I've had it before I even kissed a guy and I've never had anything bad happen to me.

I did talk to my mom and she has said that bad periods run in the family, so that might just explain the times during the periods....on a similar note, this last time I had it was when I should have gotten my period (I had skipped it because I'd been moving the last week and didn't really want to deal with it)....but I have also skipped my periods other times (not often...that sounds like I do it all the time....I only do it for special occasions like moving or trips or exams) but haven't had that happen, so I don't know what to think...

Megan

Deviant Art page: http://dtbmnec.deviantart.com

My two demons:
      Leo - male kitten April 15, 2006
      Pawz - male kitten April 5th, 2006

Comment

I have experienced some kind of "vagina heaviness" before but nothing to the extent that you have described. It has only happened to me during my period and doesn't really cause me any discomfort other than a slight heavy feeling down there which either doesn't last too long or isn't enough to bother or concern me. I figured it was a pretty normal thing, but I guess what you are experiencing is a bit more extreme, so it is not a bad idea to see a doctor about it.

Comment

Hi Megan! I am experiencing the same problem as you! May I know which pill are you on? I am wondering if this could be the pill side effects. I am unable to stand with that weird feeling in my vagina and feel like flushing everything out from there. Sometimes it makes me want to poop but I went to the toilet to relieve myself but the feeling of wanting to poop doesnt go away. This is the same for urine. There is no burning sensation in my urine, just that I feel that I need to totally empty my bladder to make that feeling go away. It lasts 2-4hours for me. However, I do not have cramps during menses. Do you get this every time after you have sex? As you posted this on 2005, its more than a decade already, have you got this problem diagnosed and solved? Do you have your own method of overcoming this disconfort? My husband thinks that I am allergic to semen and he was very perplexed by my reaction... my period comes every month even before I am on pill. Please help me!

Comment

heavy vagina how you know that

Comment

Do you have issues with constipation? All the organs in the pelvis are pretty close together and sometimes issues with other things can cause pain during sex. Have you had a pelvic ultra sound done?

Comment

This thread if from ELEVEN YEARS ago.

Comment

Working...
                X