41yrs old trying on the single shoes 4 1st time ever

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 41yrs old trying on the single shoes 4 1st time ever

So here I am 41. Been married and divorced. Also had a 9 yr relationship I walked away from 2 yrs ago. Started dating a guy 1 yr ago and well itís just not working. The thing is Iíve never been single too long so I donít know what itís like or what to do with myself. So I ask anyone out there with advice or exsperiances to share them with me. I have some ideas of what Iíd like to do that Iíve never done. Mostly looking for an outside persons view. I have decided I want to stay single for awhile and rediscover or invent myself. Any suggestions on how to go about this would be greatly appreciated!!!

Do you have any single friends that you could do some travelling with? Take a general interest class? Learn to live one full year without dating once and learn to be happy in your own skin as a single? Join a co-ed sports team like baseball? Learn a new language? Do anything you've always wanted to do but never got around to it?

What are your ideas, Kate?
    "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

Well somethings are going to a movie alone. Learning a new language could be fun. Iím trying to save up to buy a house as Iíve moved back in with my mother. I should also mention I have a daughter to think about who will be getting her permit next month and of course thereís college in a few years. Needless to say funds are limited. Although I have been thinking about going on one of those singles cruises. That could be a ton of fun. In two weeks Iíll be going down the shore for my annual vacation. Always look forward to that. I am an artist and am currently trying to sell my work.

Comment

Your vacation sounds lovely... do have fun.

Considering you have a daughter and the expenses that entails then that "being single for one full year and learning to be happy as a single" (without the need for a singles cruise which is, in essence you being on the pursuit) would be a good start.

Good luck selling your work.
        Last edited by phasesofthemoon; July 14th, 2018, 12:39 PM.
        "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

Working...
        X