my husband is a liar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my husband is a liar

hi am new here and have a problem,before i dated my husband he lied to me that he went to study abroad ,we dated and got married this is my 3rd year of marriage and the funny thing is that he got no evidence that he studied abroad,no pictures,no certificates nothing.so i asked the mum and the mum said none of her child has studied abroad.its so annoying that even now he keep on telling me how beautiful the place was
    my question is,
    1.should i tell him that i know he never went abroad or
    2.stay listening to lies and pretend

I vote for #1
    The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

Comment

Ask him for a copy of his Degree. If he says no then go: "Nah, nah, nah, nanahna.... I know you're a liar , liar pants on fire."
      Last edited by phasesofthemoon; May 17th, 2018, 02:46 PM. Reason: lol changed "know" to "no" O.o
      "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

He actually meant that he had 'studied a broad' before he met you.
        "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

Originally posted by SarahLancaster View Post
          Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha !!!
          The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

Comment

#1 and have a lengthy discussion about his lying problem, how he can rectify and change himself and improve his marriage with you. Nip this in the bud before his lying escalates to out of control.
            "If you bungle raising your children, whatever else you do well in life doesn't matter very much."

Comment

You can mention that you are confused because he said he studied abroad but his mother says he did not. Don't shove his face in it. But you can get clarification. DO you really want to blow up your marriage over this? I'm not saying let it go, just address it delicately.

Comment

Originally posted by SarahLancaster View Post
                ... ...
                "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

Just ask him flat out , but ask with a tone of curiosity. Try not to act upset about and be strong enough to handle any truth.

This has to be addressed, because itís going to eat at you .
                  Your relationship will be that much stronger if you can both be honest with each other, maybe you could reveal something to him that he doesnít know about you , if you have anything you could tell him .
                  It’s time to let go , you have to sacrifice the life you have for the life you want !

Comment

Originally posted by MistyCook View Post
                    hi am new here and have a problem,before i dated my husband he lied to me that he went to study abroad ,we dated and got married this is my 3rd year of marriage and the funny thing is that he got no evidence that he studied abroad,no pictures,no certificates nothing.so i asked the mum and the mum said none of her child has studied abroad.its so annoying that even now he keep on telling me how beautiful the place was
                    my question is,
                    1.should i tell him that i know he never went abroad or
                    2.stay listening to lies and pretend
                    Well, it's going to be really silly if his mum has dementia or some kind of memory loss and you come at him with any accusations and questions that aren't worded carefully. How sure are you of his and his mother's relationship? Certificates are short affairs usually anywhere from 3 months to 6 months long. He could have easily picked up a certificate while working overseas or even dating someone overseas. Before you jump to conclusions, I think you should check yourself.

Comment

I should also mentioned that some certificates are issued online and a formal print out may be requested but it's not mandatory or a part of "graduation". Most certificates don't even have any convocation whatsoever. What did he study anyway? If it's a language program or some such that has no relevant ties to his current career, there's a possibility he chucked it or wasn't interested in keeping the paperwork.

Comment

I'm fairly certain it's a troll.
                        "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

*sigh*
                          ....so much effort.....

Comment

'Honesty is the best policy' you should follow this rules.

Comment

Working...
                            X