Best Place Woman Can Be At Home?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Place Woman Can Be At Home?

An interesting blog that says sometimes for women they really want to be "stay at home moms" and feminism can try to push ideas/wants that all women don't want. What do you all think?

http://www.wordsoftheprincess.com/fe...place-at-home/

I didn't read it but I'll bet my next retirement cheque that it was written by a Republican for Republicans.
    "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

I think women have the choice to do whatever they want. Some want to stay at home and be mothers, and others want a career. I don't think women are 'forced' to have careers when they don't want them.
      "What lips my lips have kissed and where and why I have forgotten." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

Comment

The very last thing I wanted was to stay at home and be a mom and housekeeper. Now, if I was independently wealthy, I'd have owned a business instead of working for someone so I could possibly spend more time at home or traveling or whatever.
        Not at all flirtatious. Why does it say that??

Comment

I was able to stay at home when my children were very young and I have absolutely NO regrets. I know I was fortunate to be able to watch them grow up. My husband and I are not wealthy and it was a sacrifice to stay home. We never drove new cars nor ate out habitually. We curtailed our childless spending habits. I was lucky that my husband helped me with child rearing, chores, errands and tasks. We made a great team with parenting and running the household. I count my blessings.
          My divorced mom worked 3 jobs 7 days a week while my grandmother took care of my brother and me or I should say she didn't take good care of us at all. I think I turned out ok. I knew that I wanted to stay home with my babies if I could afford it and fortunately, we could swing it on one income until my children were older. I did what was best for MY children and if society thinks differently regarding SAHMs, that's their problem, not mine. I truly feel that my children thrived because I was there for them, they grew up safely because I kept 'eagle eyes' on them, protected them, their father was very involved in their lives and they're mentally stable. They grew up normally in a healthy environment.
          I think women want what they want and I know a lot of women can do it all if they want to succeed in everything. I don't think many women care what society thinks. They do what they want whether it's to remain single, be a mom, a single mom, a working mom, married with children, SAHM, employment whether at home or away, divorce, etc. There are so many choices. They do the best they can and it's all they can do. It's a very individual, personal choice.
          "If you bungle raising your children, whatever else you do well in life doesn't matter very much."

Comment

As a feminist: what a woman chooses to do is completely up to her. Want to be a stay at home mom? Kudos!! Raising kids is the toughest job in the world. Wanna be the next president? Great! Wanna be a bus driver? Go for it! Feminism is about giving women the choice to choose for themselves, what they choose is completely up to them.

Comment

It's badly written and the thought process isn't very developed. There are also some cultural nuances that seem specific, leaving the reader distracted and wondering if this is written by a mid-western north american in her middle age. The presence of the blog itself and its layout, font and colour combined with the undeveloped writing gives the overall impression that there really is not much impetus to the writing at all and the whole composition comes off as mindless.

I had very strong female (and male) figures in my life so I related very little to the blog. I think it might help women who have feelings of self-loathing or long-closeted issues regarding self-confidence. I personally didn't find any argument strong enough to suggest that "sometimes women want to be stay at home moms". If you're the writer, KT, you could develop those ideas a bit better. It would be an interesting read. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
              X