Weight Loss/Carb Cycling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight Loss/Carb Cycling

Has anyone tried carb cycling for weight loss? If so did it work? Work any better than traditional programs? I only have 15lbs to lose so I need something that will work for the last 'tough' pounds. Thoughts are appreciated!

Re: Weight Loss/Carb Cycling

Is that when you carb up on Thursday or whenever, and then cut all carbs possible for the rest of the week, or somesuch?
    %0|%0

Comment

Yep!!

Comment

I've just finished this free workout program and I lost 9lbs in the 4 weeks. I'm sure I could have done better but in honesty I was letting it slip at the weekends.

http://www.kagedmuscle.com/articles/.../4weeks2shred/

I'd certainly recommend it! There's a lot of information there for a free video series and the daily videos are useful and motivating.

There's a restriction on carb intake which reduces each week and finishes with some carb cycling in week 4, which is why I figured it may interest you! The carb reduction is tough but the gradual decrease makes it more bearable.

I know there's a stigma amongst women about lifting weights because of the misconception that all of a sudden they'll get bulky and man-like. The reality is that if you're on a calorie deficit meal plan then you can't gain any weight/size.

If weights aren't your thing I'm sure you could incorporate your own cardio plan with the nutrition aspect of this plan!

Good luck with your weight goals!
        Just because someone's by your side, it doesn't mean they're on your side.

Comment

Is that the same as the CKD (or KCD)? I've been wanting to learn more about it.

I'm about to experiment with 2-3 months on a keto diet myself, just to see how fast my body adapts and how it responds in the slightly longer term.
          %0|%0

Comment

I don't know what CKD or KCD is. Do you mean HCG? I did do that in the past. It does work, but I only managed to keep the weight off for 2 years. So now I am trying something different.

What keto diet are you doing?

Comment

to be honest, all this carb cycling, paleo stuff sounds really gimmicky. Not to mention depriving your body of food for a long amount of time is a good way to end up in the dreaded C-word zone (catabolic).
              Your best bet of attaining your target weight is as follows:
              1. determine your caloric requirement to target weight
              2. fill up your diet so it's mostly meat, veggies, fat and carbs only after physical exercises
              3. when it comes to the amount to eat, ensure you fill up with macro-nutrients first, then the spare level could be used for more delicious treats (you know, them empty calories stuff taste so GOODD!!!!)

there are apps like myfitnesspal does help you track and count calories
              Raised in the Ring

Comment

Originally posted by NolaBee View Post
                I don't know what CKD or KCD is. Do you mean HCG? I did do that in the past. It does work, but I only managed to keep the weight off for 2 years. So now I am trying something different.
                CKD (Cyclical Ketogenic Diet); https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclic_ketogenic_diet

What keto diet are you doing?
                I don't do "named" diets. I just want to see what it feels like to be keto-adapted. Some people never clear the brain fog, and some report feeling amazing. 4 weeks isn't a huge sacrifice to experience how my own body responds. Minimal carb, moderate protein, high fat. From September until thanksgiving. Somehow, I'll have to make it through Halloween without eating candy.

Re: "but I only managed to keep the weight off for 2 years" - I'm pretty sure that's not because of how you lost the weight, but more because you went back to eating like shit over a couple of years.
                %0|%0

Comment

Kuky, I think you're right about resuming poor eating. That and stress. I've started working out and have implemented a manageable eating plan!

Here's to progress!!

Comment

Thanks for given thest most useful informations......

Comment

Eh??

Comment

I started at the start of this month. I'm down ~8-10lbs so far. That first month is always so easy, isn't it?
                        %0|%0

Comment

I am 4 weeks in, but I trashed the carb cycling plan because it wasn't working for me. I've found with my new plan it is not necessary. I've dropped about 3.5 lbs and have also gained muscle but I don't know how much yet -- but I can see it. So I might have dropped about 4 or 5 lbs of fat total Yaay! Keep it up Kuky!! Glad you are making progress! And yes, we are both making it through the first month! I start week 5 tomorrow. :-)

Comment

Awesomesauce!
                            %0|%0

Comment

Hi there, I have not used it but I have heard it from my friends.

Comment

Working...
                              X