Pessimistic one day Optimistic the next

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pessimistic one day Optimistic the next

I am completely dumbfounded by all of this.

Before this past Monday I have always been depressed and thinking negatively about EVERYTHING and angry about alot of issues.

Well Monday morning I realized where my anger was coming from and who it was being directed to and by Tuesday I no longer felt depressed or angry and I was feeling optimistic about alot of things I would had never felt that way before.

Has anyone ever heard of this?

Re: Pessimistic one day Optimistic the next

I used to be pessimistic and there was obviously a point where I turned it around, it may have been a single day but I don't remember it.
    PLEASE use PARAGRAPHS when you post, we’re more likely to read your post.
    For more information on paragraphs please press your enter key whilst typing a post.

They're = They are (eg, They're not wearing any clothes!)
    Their = Possessive (eg, Check out their boobies!)
    There = locality (eg There is a naked chick in the water)
    Your = Possessive (eg I can see your boobies through that wet t-shirt)
    You're = You are (eg You're getting dressed? Damn...)

Comment

Thank you. It's just completely amazes me how quickly I changed and I just wanted to see if anyone else heard or had this experience too. I just hope it stays like this lol.

Comment

It's quite common, in fact they even have a word for it. It's called an "epiphany." Congratulations for having one.
        "First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!

Comment

When you face the things that are bothering you, you get closure. If the thing that is bothering you has no solution at all, don't think about it anymore. However, if you feel that you can do something, act on it and see where it takes you - it can give you peace of mind and you will feel very light.

Comment

I don't agree with it. how is it possible? Please explain

Comment

of course it's possible, however very rare I think. I've experienced this about 4 years ago. I was severely depressed, suicidal even. then it all went away, but not without action. I had a plan and I acted on it. It required mental and physical effort and commitment. It doesn't just happen, you have to make a choice, a very serious life changing choice. You have to want it as badly as a person under water wants air. If you don't want it as badly as that and you are just flirting with the idea of change, it probably won't happen.

That's my experience.

Comment

This is how I have been feeling about things. I go through cycles of feeling optimistic and secure for a few days and then pessimistic and insecure for the next few. However, it looks like I am losing the optimism and security part gradually and becoming continuously pessimistic and insecure (because right now the ratio is 5:2 for the number of days in a week I feel pessimistic/insecure and optimistic/secure respectively).

Comment

Yeah, I feel that way all the time, partly due to my depression. The good days do outnumber the bad but the bad tend to be pretty awful.

Comment

Working...
                  X