Members: 15,797
Threads: 38,587
Online: 41

Newest Member: JamiePatrice13

Go Back   The Relationship Forums > The Relationship > The Chase

Notices

The Chase Places, People, Roses... everything involved in the dating game, as well as including that First Kiss and more! New home of FLIRTATION LOCATION and THE GAME

Unread August 21st, 2005, 04:08 PM   #1
bps

bps is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey folks

About a month ago my girlfriend broke up with me because the relationship was getting a bit too intense for her. We both had too much free time...always with each other, etc etc. So, she does this and I tell her that I won't be able to talk to her until I'm over her. Of course, a week later she calls...a few days after that she calls again wants to do dinner (we do) and just the other night we went out for drinks.

So, I suppose what this comes down to is that I'm not over her, and I don't know if I should or want to be. I know this is a typical case of false hope, but why would she keep calling me like this? We're both a lot busier now and we'll both be back in university in a couple weeks, so the problem that drove us apart isn't really going to be a factor if this takes off again.

My problem is that I don't want to push her away by bringing up questions like "what are we doing?", but I also don't think it's healthy for me to keep doing this if it really isn't going to go anywhere. Would you think that I should ride this out a little longer, wait until we're back in school and see how things go then, or should I give the "altimatum" now?

Provided I do confront her on the situation, how would I go about it? Anything I should say or not say? I'm thinking I'd just go with "I'm not over you, I need time to get over you unless we're working this out"....but should I throw anything else in? I want to tell her I understand why it didn't work and why we can make it work now, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea to bring that up.

Thanks for reading and any advice you can offer. Ultimately I know it's really up to me in regards with what I can put up with...but I'd love to know what you guys think or if you've been in a similar siutation, how it has panned out.
Thanks again!
bps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread August 21st, 2005, 04:41 PM   #2
Bath of Glitter
St. Valentines

Status: he chewed me up, he spit me out like I was poison in his mouth
Bath of Glitter has a brilliant futureBath of Glitter has a brilliant futureBath of Glitter has a brilliant futureBath of Glitter has a brilliant futureBath of Glitter has a brilliant futureBath of Glitter has a brilliant futureBath of Glitter has a brilliant futureBath of Glitter has a brilliant futureBath of Glitter has a brilliant futureBath of Glitter has a brilliant futureBath of Glitter has a brilliant future

You could've bumped the original topic instead of posting pretty much the exact issue.
Bath of Glitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread August 21st, 2005, 04:59 PM   #3
bps

bps is an unknown quantity at this point

This is the first time i posted in here...I wrote about this awhile ago in the other forum but the situation's a little different now.

Thanks for the insightful reply making me feel like an dumbass though.
bps is offline   Reply With Quote