Members: 15,723
Threads: 38,742
Online: 48

Newest Member: maddiewilson

Go Back   The Relationship Forums > The Relationship > The Chase

Notices

The Chase Places, People, Roses... everything involved in the dating game, as well as including that First Kiss and more! New home of FLIRTATION LOCATION and THE GAME

Unread November 3rd, 2013, 06:50 PM   #1
thelostone

thelostone is on a distinguished road
Default Mixed Signals or Disinterest?!

So before I my story start I'd like to say I'm still in high school so think of this in the mind perspective of a teenager.

So I met this girl who is the sister of my best friend's girlfriend. I met her via the internet but didn't get the chance to meet her for about three months, we texted for a while but I wasn't that interested since I never met her. I met her and after seeing each other just twice I made the mistake of dating her without really getting to know her. I felt like I wasn't being the best boyfriend, I was only able to see her on the weekends (usually once a week, different schools), and I barely had money to take her out. So I broke up with her, simply told her I wanted to wait and try again sooner. She liked me more than I liked her at the time.

A few months later she switched to my school and I decided to try talking to her again. Seeing her everyday and talking to her, I started to like her more and more. We texted often and talked then one day she just stopped replying my texts. I stopped talking to her also, because I didn't want to chase after her or become clingy. We didn't talk for about 3 weeks. I saw her walking around with another guy a few times so I thought she moved on from me.

One day, (after the weeks of not talking to her), I asked her why she had stopped talking to me and she said it's because "she thought I didn't want to talk to her anymore." She was smiling and blushing while I was talking to her, and even texted me that night. I also liked her back, and I don't think she knew.After about a week of talking to her again (after the 3 week hiatus) I told her how much I actually liked her. She said she wasn't expecting me to like her and I told her she probably didn't like me as much. She simply replied with 'only time could tell' and that was that. After this conversation I decided to step it up and really start talking to her more for a few days. A few times she came looking for me (ex: happened to be by my class when I got out, etc) and I walked her to class. Then one day out of the blue, she just started to avoid me and kept her texts short. She started walking around with the guy I previously mentioned, which kinda pisses me off. I asked her friends if she was still talking to him, and they said that she thinks the guy is annoying and not good looking. I decided not to text her as much anymore because I'm not sure if she's giving me mixed signals or is just trying to play me. She also doesn't bother to text me first, and I don't want to initiate the conversation.

Her birthday is coming up, and I wanted to give her a card and a rose but again, I'm not sure if she's either not interested in me, or if she's trying to get me to chase her.

PLEASE HELP!! I'M EXTREMELY CONFUSED AND DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO
thelostone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread November 3rd, 2013, 06:54 PM   #2
foh4k
Elite Romantic

foh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mixed Signals or Disinterest?!

You're both giving each other mixed signals. You're not coming to the table with clean hands.

Just ask her out. Your teenagers in high school right?
Don't worry she's not going to end up your wife.

Why don't you just keep your options open and start taking notice of other girls?
There is overwhelming evidence that the higher the level of self-esteem, the more likely one will treat others with respect, kindness, and generosity. People who do not experience self-love have little or no capacity to love others.
foh4k is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread November 3rd, 2013, 07:21 PM   #3
thelostone

Quote:
Originally Posted by foh4k View Post
You're both giving each other mixed signals. You're not coming to the table with clean hands.

Just ask her out. Your teenagers in high school right?
Don't worry she's not going to end up your wife.

Why don't you just keep your options open and start taking notice of other girls?
I'm also taking notice of other girls, I also talk to a few other girls and I can get with them but this girl interests me the most.
Also, social media is a factor in this, she does say things about relationships but not sure if they're directed towards me or the other guy.
Unread November 4th, 2013, 01:22 AM   #4
Dancancook
Love Guru

Dancancook is a splendid one to beholdDancancook is a splendid one to beholdDancancook is a splendid one to beholdDancancook is a splendid one to beholdDancancook is a splendid one to beholdDancancook is a splendid one to behold

She's interested in you but you've been somewhat passive and not sure what you've wanted. What you probably want is a guarantee - or at least reassurance - that she likes you, but wanting that assurance before you'll initiate anything is a turn off to women. Fortunately, you'll likely discover this as you gain more experience.

I guarantee that you could end all this if you simply walked right up to her, regardless if that guy was there or not, and said, "Look, I've been sending some mixed signals but I think you're cute and I want to take you out on a date this Friday." Not only does that show confidence (which is incredibly attractive) but it shows that you can take initiative and face rejection.
Dancancook is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread November 9th, 2013, 11:40 AM   #5
thelostone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancancook View Post
She's interested in you but you've been somewhat passive and not sure what you've wanted. What you probably want is a guarantee - or at least reassurance - that she likes you, but wanting that assurance before you'll initiate anything is a turn off to women. Fortunately, you'll likely discover this as you gain more experience.

I guarantee that you could end all this if you simply walked right up to her, regardless if that guy was there or not, and said, "Look, I've been sending some mixed signals but I think you're cute and I want to take you out on a date this Friday." Not only does that show confidence (which is incredibly attractive) but it shows that you can take initiative and face rejection.
Thanks for the advice. Worked out well accept for the texting situation. She doesn't text me, I have to text her, it's just her playing games.
Unread November 9th, 2013, 01:26 PM   #6
foh4k
Elite Romantic

foh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond repute

Stop texting your relationship and use the phone for what it was designed for. Call her.
There is overwhelming evidence that the higher the level of self-esteem, the more likely one will treat others with respect, kindness, and generosity. People who do not experience self-love have little or no capacity to love others.
Unread November 9th, 2013, 01:41 PM   #7
HodaShiraz
Love Machine

HodaShiraz has a reputation beyond reputeHodaShiraz has a reputation beyond reputeHodaShiraz has a reputation beyond reputeHodaShiraz has a reputation beyond reputeHodaShiraz has a reputation beyond reputeHodaShiraz has a reputation beyond reputeHodaShiraz has a reputation beyond reputeHodaShiraz has a reputation beyond reputeHodaShiraz has a reputation beyond reputeHodaShiraz has a reputation beyond reputeHodaShiraz has a reputation beyond repute

foh, there was a post by you about how the phone was invented by Bell and how it's used. One of the funniest posts. You should add that to every post about "call, don't text" advice
HodaShiraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread November 9th, 2013, 02:28 PM   #8
foh4k
Elite Romantic

http://www.relationship-forums.com/s...er+Graham+Bell

For you viewing pleasure.
We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.
Unread November 9th, 2013, 03:31 PM   #9
HodaShiraz
Love Machine

HodaShiraz has a reputation beyond reputeHodaShiraz has a reputation beyond reputeHodaShiraz has a reputation beyond reputeHodaShiraz has a reputation beyond reputeHodaShiraz has a reputation beyond reputeHodaShiraz has a reputation beyond reputeHodaShiraz has a reputation beyond reputeHodaShiraz has a reputation beyond reputeHodaShiraz has a reputation beyond reputeHodaShiraz has a reputation beyond reputeHodaShiraz has a reputation beyond repute

LOL. Thanks
HodaShiraz is offline   Reply With Quote