Members: 15,604
Threads: 38,408
Online: 32

Newest Member: xxcherrypoopxx

Go Back   The Relationship Forums > The Relationship > The Long Haul

Notices

The Long Haul Are you past the flirting and dating stage? Wondering if there's life after 6 months with the same person? If you're in a serious long term relationship, this is your one-stop shop for questions and answers.

Unread May 28th, 2012, 02:21 AM   #1
jay.rosenthal

jay.rosenthal is on a distinguished road
Default Positive Relationship Stories

This thread is for positive stories about relationships. Here's mine:

I had been friends with my current girlfriend for over a year before my feelings for her hit me square in the face. After that, I decided to grow some balls and asked her to the college's Fire & Ice Ball. She said yes. After the dance, she confessed her feelings for me and it went from there.

We started building our relationship on the pillars of balance, strong communication, honesty and a strong emotional connection. We each recognize the differences between male and female communication and have taken the time to understand each others' views and communication styles to create a strong sense of umderstanding.

We are almost five months strong and still getting closer each day. I took her and her friend to a Yankees game last weekend and I'm going up to see her in a couple of weeks (we're home from college for the summer).

Although we are transferring to different colleges in the fall, we are still keeping up our relationship. We will see each other 2 weekends per month (one weekend at her college and the other at mine). I couldn't be happier with someone like her. You can see a picture of Audriana and I at the Spring Soiree in my signature.

-Jay
Unread May 28th, 2012, 02:55 AM   #2
foh4k
Elite Romantic

foh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Positive Relationship Stories

Let me guess she's a psych major?

That's so sweet I'm getting a cavity just looking at your posts.
There is overwhelming evidence that the higher the level of self-esteem, the more likely one will treat others with respect, kindness, and generosity. People who do not experience self-love have little or no capacity to love others.
foh4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 28th, 2012, 03:10 AM   #3
jay.rosenthal

jay.rosenthal is on a distinguished road

Wonderful to hear my post is brightening someone's day. Glad to hear it! As for her major, good guess but no Cuban cigar. She's a nursing major.

-Jay
Unread May 28th, 2012, 03:35 AM   #4
foh4k
Elite Romantic

foh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome, she can keep you healthy.
Pun intended.
There is overwhelming evidence that the higher the level of self-esteem, the more likely one will treat others with respect, kindness, and generosity. People who do not experience self-love have little or no capacity to love others.
foh4k is offline   Reply With Quote