Members: 15,594
Threads: 38,396
Online: 47

Newest Member: jamie04

Go Back   The Relationship Forums > The Relationship > Down in the Dumps

Notices

Down in the Dumps Breaking up is a difficult time. How does it go? Denial, Anger, acceptance? No... that's not it. Come to this forum to find out what it's really like.

Unread October 29th, 2011, 11:20 AM   #1
HarrisraTx

HarrisraTx is on a distinguished road
Default Is my ex really wanting to get back together???

My ex fiance and I broke up thursday because I was being to possessive in the relationship. Which is true. I really love her and I never wanted her to hang out with her friends or text/call old guy friends. Well she moved out of the house and now we are back to dating. Went on a really good date last night and we watched a movie at the house. Well I cant convince my self that she is giving our relationship a chance and I need major advice. So let me tell you whats going on.

We talked and she tells me that she is willing to try and whatever happens happens. She says that we are not in a relationship anymore but if a guy ever asked her if she was seeing someone she would say yes that she was working things out with her ex. She tells me that if it doesn't work out that she wants me to remain her friend which I could not do but I dont tell her that. Im going to talk about what we talked about last night.

She said that she is still hurt about what was said during the break up because I blew up and told her basically to f*** off but I apologized. She said that she is not ready to hold my hand or let me touch her like I used to when we were together. However she kissed me on the lips twice last night and she held on to me tight before she went home last night. She said that its gonna take a bit until she opens up again because she is still hurt. But heres my problem...

I have a problem with not believing that she still wants to try and that she is just doing this to keep me as a friend. Main reason I do is because she tells me that we may or may not work out but she is willing to try. I keep asking her if she wants to try but everytime she gets frustrated and says if I didnt want to try I wouldnt be on a date with you right now. She has told all her friends and family that we are trying to work things out. And she still says she loves me on the phone or before she leaves or i leave. So I need major advice so that I dont keep worrying and I relax to know that she does want me back.
HarrisraTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread October 29th, 2011, 01:15 PM   #2
JamesJamz

JamesJamz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is my ex really wanting to get back together???

Sounds like she's trying to work things out with you, keep trying for a couple of weeks, and see what happens... when me and my ex got back together, things like this happened, she didnt want to hold my hand or let me touch her for a little while, but we ended up back together for a little over a month, in which she changed, and finished me, and within two weeks went to another guy.

Could go one of two ways, you'll both be happy again (but you have to remember what you broke up for in the first place - and make a compromise - make her happy) we started happy, but I think something was going on with this other lad behind my back, she started being distant and just walked out, and is now not talking to me (even though its her fault all this happened) so ive stopped sending messages now, letting her get on with it and moving on - maybe one day we will be back together, but im not waiting for her.
JamesJamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread October 29th, 2011, 01:36 PM   #3
foh4k
Elite Romantic

foh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond repute

Seems to me she's keeping you around until something better comes along.

You should be prepared for that.
Your convenient. I would bet my bottom dollar that when someone new comes in and sweeps her off her feet you'll be gone. Your her emotional tampon at this juncture.

And DON'T stay friends with her. Those situations rarely work out.
There is overwhelming evidence that the higher the level of self-esteem, the more likely one will treat others with respect, kindness, and generosity. People who do not experience self-love have little or no capacity to love others.
foh4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread October 29th, 2011, 02:13 PM   #4
HarrisraTx

HarrisraTx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by foh4k View Post

Your convenient. I would bet my bottom dollar that when someone new comes in and sweeps her off her feet you'll be gone. Your her emotional tampon at this juncture.

Does anyone else agree with this post? I would like for a woman to answer
HarrisraTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread October 29th, 2011, 02:29 PM   #5
JamesJamz

JamesJamz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by foh4k View Post

I couldnt say it better mysef - spot on post.....
JamesJamz is offline   Reply With Quote