Members: 15,591
Threads: 38,395
Online: 51

Newest Member: Spreadin' Sunshine

Go Back   The Relationship Forums > The Relationship > Down in the Dumps

Notices

Down in the Dumps Breaking up is a difficult time. How does it go? Denial, Anger, acceptance? No... that's not it. Come to this forum to find out what it's really like.

Unread March 27th, 2011, 01:17 PM   #1
Niceguy101

Niceguy101 is on a distinguished road
Default Help!! Did I just catch my gf having sex on skype?

Im new to the forums so i hope im putting this in the right spot. Im a little bit emotionally shaken up right now. Im not sure if my eyes/ears were playing tricks on me or if i am just paranoid. i definitley need advice opn this....

Almost every other night me and my girlfriend will skype before we go to bed, sometimes she likes to just keep the video on all night this way as she calls it she can see me in the morning. Im always up for it I dont really see anything wrong with it because it makes her happy. She called me last night around 1am and said babe im going to bed im exhausted and im not feeling well, so i asked her hey lets skype for a bit before i wanna see ya. Anyways, 415 rolls around and i wake up and hear her moving around along with her tv on becasue thats how she sleeps, she sits up and its real fuzzy at this point and i see her sit up and seems to get out of bed, it was dark so i dont know for sure. Anyways soon after I hear her door open, this is a college dorm and there is a roomate. Now that it has my attention im awake and seeing if she comes back. The screen got partially blocked when she got up so i couldnt really see if she had layed back down. Anyways a couple minutes after I start to hear what sounds to be people hooking up. I hear moans, some slaps, heavy breathing etc. (guy and girl voices) At this point the TV is still on and I still cannot see her. About 30 minutes later after its on and off, i hear heavy breathing again which sounds like her when she sleeps. Weve obviously slept with eachother before so its something i recognize her doing. i dont mean that in a sexual way im saying ive heard her do this werid breathign thing while shes sleeping. After its all said in done I see her hand move, where i saw her hand made it look like she crawled back into where she was or she never moved at all. After that i heard the door again which makes me think someone left. This morning when i woke up i looked how she was sleeping and saw that the way she was laying was in a way that if it was dark i wouldnt have been able to see her. So i dont know if she was actually there and my mind was playing tricks on me.Its honestly driving me nuts because i dont know if i heard somethign for sure or if it was a combo of the T.V, her actually sleeping or me being up late.

I really need advice on how to approach this situation do i actually call her out on it and potentially be wrong and look like an asshole or do i just let it go becasue of how crazy itll make me look? Your help is much appreciated.
Niceguy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread March 27th, 2011, 02:27 PM   #2
phasesofthemoon
I'm not a moderator yet?

Status: Happily connected for many years ! Oh, and glad I'm not a Moderator :D
phasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help!! Did I just catch my gf having sex on skype?

You couldn't even tell what you were actually seeing. For all you know, it could have been the TV you were hearing or her roomy getting it on with someone and that is who you were hearing.

Anyway, unless she's given you other reasons to believe that she isn't being faithful to you, I'd forget what you THINK you were hearing and seeing and relax. I really can't see someone being as stupid as to put herself on camera while she schtuups someother guy in front of her current... well, without it being a mutually agreeable and requested act, anyway.
"First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!
phasesofthemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread March 27th, 2011, 03:56 PM   #3
Johnny Cool
Flirtatious

Johnny Cool is on a distinguished road

Straight up ask her.
Johnny Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread March 27th, 2011, 05:58 PM   #4
Niceguy101

I wanna straight up ask her but i feel like if im wrong i look like a complete jackass and more or less shows lack of trust for what i thought i heard/saw.

Does anyone else have any type of advice for this situation? i really feel like i need to confront it but not sure how.
Unread March 27th, 2011, 06:16 PM   #5
Fusion Cuisine
St. Valentines

Fusion Cuisine has a reputation beyond reputeFusion Cuisine has a reputation beyond reputeFusion Cuisine has a reputation beyond reputeFusion Cuisine has a reputation beyond reputeFusion Cuisine has a reputation beyond reputeFusion Cuisine has a reputation beyond reputeFusion Cuisine has a reputation beyond reputeFusion Cuisine has a reputation beyond reputeFusion Cuisine has a reputation beyond reputeFusion Cuisine has a reputation beyond reputeFusion Cuisine has a reputation beyond repute

I'd just say "I thought I saw someone in your room last night!" and see how she reacts. Face to face if possible.
Fusion Cuisine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread March 27th, 2011, 08:12 PM   #6
Brifflez
Love Machine

Brifflez has a brilliant futureBrifflez has a brilliant futureBrifflez has a brilliant futureBrifflez has a brilliant futureBrifflez has a brilliant futureBrifflez has a brilliant futureBrifflez has a brilliant futureBrifflez has a brilliant futureBrifflez has a brilliant futureBrifflez has a brilliant futureBrifflez has a brilliant future

I think you're being paranoid, its way more likely that it was the tv or the roommate, or something else all together. Did you talk to her in the morning and I don't know ask her how she slept or something? I'd have to agree with Phases, that would be a particularly dumb move on her part.

Also, wtf guys, leaving computers and tv's on all night? ...don't forget that your appliances are attached to the worlds precious dwindling resources. Plus you know, whatever you tell yourself, you can not have a deep sleep with that kind of stimulus around you. You are racking up a heavy sleep debt there! Perhaps if you got a good nights sleep, your overworked brain wouldn't get so paranoid.
Brifflez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread March 28th, 2011, 02:03 PM   #7
Niceguy101

Thanks everyone for their input,

UPDATE:I actually got some information about the whole situation and its starting not to add up. I simply said to her babe i think their was someone in your room last night, and she kinda had a blank stare on her face. Im like I heard the door open and i also heard what sounded like people hooking up. Her only response was "You heard the door open?!" kinda suprised by it. Then the other part about people hooking up shes like idk what it could be and close to her was her friend and she told her and i was really confused by this but their was little to no reaction as if they both knew what went on. I then later in the day brought it up in a joking matter saying yeahh i didnt get much sleep last night after what i was hearing....and she just resonded back saying "werid" so i pushed a lil more and said hey did you ever ask your roomate about that and apparently her roomate went home for the weekend so clearly wasnt the roomate. I then said to her ya know id be really freaked out by this if it happened to me and she just responded "i didnt hear anything though lol"

Im honestly not sure what I beleive, there just doesnt seem to be any reassurance that it wasnt her, shes not shocked by it and seems to just be staying calm about it and brushing it to the side. You guys think theres anything else i can do or should i just let it go completley? ANy input would really help
Unread March 28th, 2011, 09:26 PM   #8
foh4k
Elite Romantic

foh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond repute

She's lieing.

And stupid if she left her skype on.
Is she really that important?
There is overwhelming evidence that the higher the level of self-esteem, the more likely one will treat others with respect, kindness, and generosity. People who do not experience self-love have little or no capacity to love others.
foh4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread March 29th, 2011, 02:21 AM   #9
Fusion Cuisine
St. Valentines

Fusion Cuisine has a reputation beyond reputeFusion Cuisine has a reputation beyond reputeFusion Cuisine has a reputation beyond reputeFusion Cuisine has a reputation beyond reputeFusion Cuisine has a reputation beyond reputeFusion Cuisine has a reputation beyond reputeFusion Cuisine has a reputation beyond reputeFusion Cuisine has a reputation beyond reputeFusion Cuisine has a reputation beyond reputeFusion Cuisine has a reputation beyond reputeFusion Cuisine has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see any evidence of lying. Sounds more to me like she's just not taking you seriously that there was someone in there, which is understandable.

I think you probably heard a few things and your mind put 2 and 2 together and made 22.
Fusion Cuisine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread March 29th, 2011, 03:28 AM   #10
OvershareDude
Hates Workdays

OvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond repute

goodLove, quit pushing your website - there is a time and place to do it. Advertising is not taken to kindly outside of the appropriate spots.

OP: I agree with FC, I think you're a bit paranoid. Sounds from the TV, shadows from the TV and stuff, shit light of probably a crap webcam. Stop pushing the issue, it was probably nothing, I dont' think she'd be that stupid if she WAS screwing you around, to do it where you could catch her.

PS, watching each other sleep like that is creepy.

They're = They are (eg, They're not wearing any clothes!)
Their = Possessive (eg, Check out their boobies!)
There = locality (eg There is a naked chick in the water)
Your = Possessive (eg I can see your boobies through that wet t-shirt)
You're = You are (eg You're getting dressed? Damn...)
OvershareDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread March 29th, 2011, 04:09 AM   #11
Brifflez
Love Machine

Brifflez has a brilliant futureBrifflez has a brilliant futureBrifflez has a brilliant futureBrifflez has a brilliant futureBrifflez has a brilliant futureBrifflez has a brilliant futureBrifflez has a brilliant futureBrifflez has a brilliant futureBrifflez has a brilliant futureBrifflez has a brilliant futureBrifflez has a brilliant future

Quote:
PS, watching each other sleep like that is creepy.
Really!!

There's also the possibility that she was just making noises in her sleep. I know that I get a little vocal and fidgety in my sleep when I have certain types of dreams (sex dreams, if that wasn't obvious enough). Something tells me that a raucous sex sesh would be way more obvious if it was actually going on.

I have to agree that she's probably not screaming her defense because she's clueless of what you're subtlety accusing her of maybe doing or at least not taking it seriously.
Brifflez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread March 29th, 2011, 04:12 AM   #12
OvershareDude
Hates Workdays

OvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond repute

I talk in my sleep. Its hilarious

Unread March 29th, 2011, 06:14 AM   #13
Angelwngs
Flirtatious

Angelwngs is infamous around these partsAngelwngs is infamous around these parts
Haha! Re: Help!! Did I just catch my gf having sex on skype?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OvershareDude View Post
I talk in my sleep. Its hilarious
Omg, my boyfriend does that too! Like whenever he lays down to go to sleep I ask him questions when he is half asleep and he says some crazy shit!

The other night I asked him when he was half asleep "What did you say?" he said "Nothing babe" I said "John, what did you say?" he said "I said absolutely nothing!" I said "You said something about your dog." he said "Yeah, it's nuclear powered quit worrying about everything." I said "What did you say?" he said "It's nuclear powered!" I said "What is?" he said "What your holding in your hand stupid!" I said "What do you mean?" he said "It's a big ass power source Kristi, now goodnight"............................I said "You know I have gray hair?" he said "That's great Kristi, now goodnight.

What a douch, I was fn with him on that last question! I have it recorded on my phone sounds and I let him hear it the next morning and he was like "What the hell?" He always says wack shit when I talk to him when he is half asleep and none of it makes any sense!!!!

Angelwngs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread March 29th, 2011, 06:33 AM   #14
OvershareDude
Hates Workdays

Get sleeptalkrecorder for iPhone if you have one it monitors you overnight and records snippets of sound

Oh the things I've said...

I remember being at a mates place and saying "the generator turns on at 6... Oh fuck it, I'm asleep"

Unread March 29th, 2011, 06:46 AM   #15
Angelwngs
Flirtatious

Angelwngs is infamous around these partsAngelwngs is infamous around these parts
Haha! Re: Help!! Did I just catch my gf having sex on skype?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OvershareDude View Post
Get sleeptalkrecorder for iPhone if you have one it monitors you overnight and records snippets of sound

Oh the things I've said...

I remember being at a mates place and saying "the generator turns on at 6... Oh fuck it, I'm asleep"
I don't have the iPhone.

Omg, I almost shit my pants from laughing so hard!!!

Me: What did you say?
John: Nothing babe.
Me: John, what did you say?
John: I said absolutely nothing!
Me: You said something about your dog.
John: Yeah, it's nuclear powered quit worrying about everything.
Me: What did you say?
John: It's nuclear powered!
Me: What is?
John: What your holding in your hand stupid!
Me: What do you mean?
John: It's a big ass power source Kristi, now goodnight.
Angelwngs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread March 29th, 2011, 02:30 PM   #16
findingtheway

findingtheway is on a distinguished road

surely she can figure out what your suggesting?
either that there is a ghost in her room
or that someone else entered the room at 4 am for "whatever" reason.

Shes not stupid mate, maybe she is brushing it under the carpet for a reason (guilty) but i would have had to ask her sooner or later just straight up if it was bothering me...otherwise you will get in a fight 2 months down the line, and then bring it up.
findingtheway is offline   Reply With Quote