Members: 15,635
Threads: 38,445
Online: 34

Newest Member: Cswift6

Go Back   The Relationship Forums > The Relationship > The Sex Shop

Notices

The Sex Shop Everything from masturbation to sex to periods to pregnancy to anything sexually related. We're one hell of a well-rounded forum.

Unread August 4th, 2010, 08:37 PM   #1
manfromuncle

manfromuncle is on a distinguished road
Default Vibrators

Why do women buy them? We men just use our hands, so why not just do the same? Unless, I'm missing something, it's just something that's interested me.
manfromuncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread August 4th, 2010, 08:47 PM   #2
OvershareDude
Hates Workdays

OvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vibrators

well i see it as we have the sensation of something being around our dicks hence why the hand is fine, but for a woman its a long hard feeling inside her, not just a spot so they buy the tools to do the job.

They're = They are (eg, They're not wearing any clothes!)
Their = Possessive (eg, Check out their boobies!)
There = locality (eg There is a naked chick in the water)
Your = Possessive (eg I can see your boobies through that wet t-shirt)
You're = You are (eg You're getting dressed? Damn...)
OvershareDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread August 4th, 2010, 09:04 PM   #3
phasesofthemoon
I'm not a moderator yet?

Status: Happily connected for many years ! Oh, and glad I'm not a Moderator :D
phasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond repute

I don't use vibrating toys. You get a calous on that thing, and no man will be able to please you.

My theory:

Apparently they super stimulate the clitoris to a fast orgasm. A personal quicky if you will. It takes a bit longer without the ultra fast vibrations going on. Hence why I think if a gal gets used to that kinda of stimulation, she'll have a harder time climaxing with natural stimuli.
"First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!
phasesofthemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread August 4th, 2010, 09:31 PM   #4
Surfa
St. Valentines

Surfa has a brilliant futureSurfa has a brilliant futureSurfa has a brilliant futureSurfa has a brilliant futureSurfa has a brilliant futureSurfa has a brilliant futureSurfa has a brilliant futureSurfa has a brilliant futureSurfa has a brilliant futureSurfa has a brilliant futureSurfa has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasesofthemoon View Post
My theory:

Apparently they super stimulate the clitoris to a fast orgasm. A personal quicky if you will. It takes a bit longer without the ultra fast vibrations going on. Hence why I think if a gal gets used to that kinda of stimulation, she'll have a harder time climaxing with natural stimuli.
Don't be silly. You can always get your man to take a run of the mill electric shock whilst he is inside you.
Unread August 4th, 2010, 10:18 PM   #5
Kuky
Administrator

Kuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond repute

Muhahahahaaa, just use a 9V battery.

And men buy fleshlights sometime.
Unread August 4th, 2010, 10:55 PM   #6
moonangel
Almost a Jedi

moonangel has much to be proud ofmoonangel has much to be proud ofmoonangel has much to be proud ofmoonangel has much to be proud ofmoonangel has much to be proud ofmoonangel has much to be proud ofmoonangel has much to be proud ofmoonangel has much to be proud ofmoonangel has much to be proud ofmoonangel has much to be proud of

Clitoral stimulation is easy to do with your fingers, but putting something long and hard inside you is impossible without the right apparatus.

And vibrators get the job done faster (well, in my experience). Also the vibrations can stimulate your clit at the same time as being penetrated.
moonangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread August 4th, 2010, 11:01 PM   #7
OvershareDude
Hates Workdays

OvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuky View Post
Muhahahahaaa, just use a 9V battery.

And men buy fleshlights sometime.
Mate of mine bought one, I'd probably buy one if I could afford it.

Unread August 5th, 2010, 03:04 AM   #8
Deidre
May the best attitude win

Deidre has a reputation beyond reputeDeidre has a reputation beyond reputeDeidre has a reputation beyond reputeDeidre has a reputation beyond reputeDeidre has a reputation beyond reputeDeidre has a reputation beyond reputeDeidre has a reputation beyond reputeDeidre has a reputation beyond reputeDeidre has a reputation beyond reputeDeidre has a reputation beyond reputeDeidre has a reputation beyond repute

Vibrators, might I add, are not just for women.

Anyhow, as pointed out, some vibrators can stimulate the clitoris during penetration. When it comes to those that can't, well, a vibrator creates an entirely different feeling than fingers do, and allow for a different mindset and more disassociation (same as a fleshlight type of contraption, I assume).

Quote:
"Super stimulate"? "Ultra fast"? Have you used one? The only vibrator I've ever owned (cheap little thing, now long since discarded, so it's hardly a quality question) had a stepless variable speed setting. Personally, I never turned it up to anything near the top range of speeds. Well, not on myself anyway.
Deidre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread August 5th, 2010, 04:22 AM   #9
OvershareDude
Hates Workdays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deidre View Post
Well, not on myself anyway.
I'm intrigued...

Unread August 5th, 2010, 05:18 AM   #10
Panda
Part Time Philosopher

Status: Wondering how it could possibly get better than this
Panda has a reputation beyond reputePanda has a reputation beyond reputePanda has a reputation beyond reputePanda has a reputation beyond reputePanda has a reputation beyond reputePanda has a reputation beyond reputePanda has a reputation beyond reputePanda has a reputation beyond reputePanda has a reputation beyond reputePanda has a reputation beyond reputePanda has a reputation beyond repute

I use one. It's because I think vagina is gross and I don't really enjoy putting my fingers in the slime. *shrug*
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread August 5th, 2010, 09:55 AM   #11
phasesofthemoon
I'm not a moderator yet?

phasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"Super stimulate"? "Ultra fast"? Have you used one? The only vibrator I've ever owned (cheap little thing, now long since discarded, so it's hardly a quality question) had a stepless variable speed setting. Personally, I never turned it up to anything near the top range of speeds. Well, not on myself anyway.
Sure, I have. For a wedding gift, my bff bought us a Crock Pot and when I opened the lid there was the little darlin.

I used it once or twice (by myself and with the hubby) and deduced "My Theory" ;0)

I figure unless I have a guy with parkinsons and he can move his fingers that fast or, the Bionic Man is going at warp speed.. it'd be pretty hard to match the vibes generated by a vibrator.

I also (for what it's worth) think that the same thing can happen to guys who wank several times a day with the same grip.. makes it a rough work out for a gal who has to try and match that grip and speed in order to get him off.

In my theory, anyway.
"First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!
Unread August 6th, 2010, 10:48 PM   #12
kuju
well-traveled

kuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond repute

So would you deduce that the same problem happens if people use the showerhead? Like, on a high pressure setting?

English. It's your language. Learn to type it.

kuju is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread August 6th, 2010, 11:28 PM   #13
phasesofthemoon
I'm not a moderator yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuju View Post
So would you deduce that the same problem happens if people use the showerhead? Like, on a high pressure setting?
If they use it everytime they masturbate, I'd say the possiblity exists. BUT, it won't cause a 'caluous' to form ~ more like pruney fingers .. lol.. ;0)
Unread August 7th, 2010, 10:04 PM   #14
PInk

PInk is on a distinguished road

I have one.but I don't use it all the time if you do it makes you less sensitive down there and I always like the real thing better...which my hubby likes as well lol..to me it feels good but not the same as with my partner....I also read guys who masturbate a lot get less sensitive to a womans vagina because they can grip harder with their hand and than have a harder time getting off with a woman....I have read that on many different forums of guys actually saying its true...
PInk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread August 7th, 2010, 11:21 PM   #15
Panda
Part Time Philosopher

Panda has a reputation beyond reputePanda has a reputation beyond reputePanda has a reputation beyond reputePanda has a reputation beyond reputePanda has a reputation beyond reputePanda has a reputation beyond reputePanda has a reputation beyond reputePanda has a reputation beyond reputePanda has a reputation beyond reputePanda has a reputation beyond reputePanda has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.darcomic.org/2009/06/30/vibe2/
Unread August 7th, 2010, 11:50 PM   #16
phasesofthemoon
I'm not a moderator yet?

http://www.bettyconfidential.com/ar/...ood-thing.html

Quote:
According to Dr. Lori Buckley, a psychologist and certified sex therapist, "When women become used to the intensity of a vibrator, it can be harder to have an orgasm during intercourse since they're lacking the direct clitoral stimulation that they have learned to love and rely upon."
Unread August 8th, 2010, 06:58 AM   #17
Panda
Part Time Philosopher

Quote:
I thought that was true for a while. I used a vibrator like crazy during the beginning of my past relationship. And I thought it was the vibrator that killed my ability to get off with him alone.

BUT there's more:

Since my ex dumped me, I only used the vibrator for a solid 5 months about twice a week. Jay has been able to get me off only using his fingers - the quickest time being around 3 minutes to get me off. What the doctor says is that it "can possibly" cause sensitivity to decrease. And sometimes it does... but not always.

Never in my life heard of a callous forming though. lol.
Unread August 8th, 2010, 07:14 AM   #18
Deidre
May the best attitude win

Deidre has a reputation beyond reputeDeidre has a reputation beyond reputeDeidre has a reputation beyond reputeDeidre has a reputation beyond reputeDeidre has a reputation beyond reputeDeidre has a reputation beyond reputeDeidre has a reputation beyond reputeDeidre has a reputation beyond reputeDeidre has a reputation beyond reputeDeidre has a reputation beyond reputeDeidre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
According to Dr. Lori Buckley, a psychologist and certified sex therapist, "When women become used to the intensity of a vibrator, it can be harder to have an orgasm during intercourse since they're lacking the direct clitoral stimulation that they have learned to love and rely upon."
By which logic women should also stay clear of masturbating by only rubbing their clitoris, because they will love and rely upon direct clitoral stimulation which they simply won't get during plain in-out-in-out intercourse.

I think the whole thing was better explained further on in the article, but then I do admit that I am a bit of an Ian Kerner fan in general:

Ian Kerner, Ph. D, and best selling author of, "She Comes First" suggests that a vibrator dependency could be a "mental predisposition" more than anything
Deidre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread August 8th, 2010, 08:11 AM   #19
Brifflez
Love Machine

Brifflez has a brilliant futureBrifflez has a brilliant futureBrifflez has a brilliant futureBrifflez has a brilliant futureBrifflez has a brilliant futureBrifflez has a brilliant futureBrifflez has a brilliant futureBrifflez has a brilliant futureBrifflez has a brilliant futureBrifflez has a brilliant futureBrifflez has a brilliant future

Hmmm, I'm kind of at that point now because of my personal style of self-stimulation, except vibrators don't really work either (I've tried with limited success)

....I don't think I want to go into my particular masturbation techniques right now though haha.
Brifflez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread August 8th, 2010, 11:11 AM   #20
phasesofthemoon
I'm not a moderator yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deidre View Post
By which logic women should also stay clear of masturbating by only rubbing their clitoris, because they will love and rely upon direct clitoral stimulation which they simply won't get during plain in-out-in-out intercourse.
Which is my point entirely.. A guy can watch how you do it and he can duplicate the movements with his own hands/fingers. (can't do the speed of a vib though).. Clitorial stimulation is possible during intercourse as long as the man is rubbing it with his pelvis area while thrusting. I'm not certain, but I'm prettly sure that most women would have a very hard time coming with just vaginal in and outs. (Unless he's directly hitting the g spot with the tip of his weezer).

Quote:
I think the whole thing was better explained further on in the article, but then I do admit that I am a bit of an Ian Kerner fan in general:

Ian Kerner, Ph. D, and best selling author of, "She Comes First" suggests that a vibrator dependency could be a "mental predisposition" more than anything
Are'nt all orgasms dependent on one's state of mind. As one past alumini of this place once said.. "Fuck and girls mind and her body will follow"

Many addictions are pshychological (mental)... No?