Members: 15,722
Threads: 38,738
Online: 38

Newest Member: Chloe DWAYNE

Go Back   The Relationship Forums > The Relationship > The Chase

Notices

The Chase Places, People, Roses... everything involved in the dating game, as well as including that First Kiss and more! New home of FLIRTATION LOCATION and THE GAME

Unread August 19th, 2009, 05:05 PM   #1
meegerprentice

meegerprentice is on a distinguished road
Default Cuddling.....what does it mean when a guy is a cuddler?

I went and visited a guy friend I'm interested in over the weekend. We sat and talked for about an hour and then he said that he wanted me to stay there. So I just layed down and we talked some more. We started kissing and just, making out, without any really other contact, we both kind of want to stay celibate, we've had sex together before, but we share the same religious views. He was a huuuge cuddler and I'm not so much but he kept taking my hand and moving it to his chest and holding it and stroking my hand, or he'd turn around and kiss my forehead a lot. Or if I would turn a way and take my arms off of him he would turn around and start holding me. I decided to leave because he obviously wasn't going to be able to sleep like that and I kissed him goodbye. But as I was leaving I couldn't help but think, shit, I really like this guy. We talk a lot but live in different towns, he's almost exactly like me. He hints that he wants me to move to where he is, but he's not experienced in relationships at all so I'm not so sure what his intentions are. I know I should ask him, he knows I don't feel like this is the right time in my life for a serious relationship, but I said I was down with casual dating, if it gets more serious thats cool too i guess. I've gotten intimate with him one other time before and I remember that he was a huge cuddler then also, like, never able to move away or keep his arms off me. I've had some experiences with cuddling before but most guys, like me, just roll over to fall asleep. Is it possible that he likes me more than he's already let on? Can guys cuddle like that with girls whom they don't really feel any emotional connection to?
meegerprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread August 20th, 2009, 02:04 AM   #2
meegerprentice

Default Re: Cuddling.....what does it mean when a guy is a cuddler?

any takers?
Unread August 20th, 2009, 02:45 AM   #3
Deidre
May the best attitude win

Deidre has a reputation beyond reputeDeidre has a reputation beyond reputeDeidre has a reputation beyond reputeDeidre has a reputation beyond reputeDeidre has a reputation beyond reputeDeidre has a reputation beyond reputeDeidre has a reputation beyond reputeDeidre has a reputation beyond reputeDeidre has a reputation beyond reputeDeidre has a reputation beyond reputeDeidre has a reputation beyond repute

Can a guy cuddle with someone he doesn't have an emotional connection with? It probably wouldn't feel as nice, but remember that emotional connection doesn't have to mean romantic love.

Does this guy have stronger feelings for you than he lets on? It's hard to say, since you're not telling us what he's let on so far... except for that hint at very strong feelings for you since he'd like you to move closer to him (assuming you're actually reading that correctly as a hint and not a fairly weak "wouldn't it be awesome if you lived closer", which I can feel too when I have to take two trains for over an hour to visit my physically closest good friend).
Deidre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread August 20th, 2009, 04:13 PM   #4
meegerprentice

We talk quite often and he gives me subtle "hints" that he likes me.
But sometimes hints aren't enough.
A couple times he's told me that he likes me, and he's very flirtatious and admitted that he gets nervous/awkward around me. I assure him that he's alright.
When I go to visit him it seems that I'm the center of attention even though I don't mean to be.
He's kind of a goofy guy, and sometimes he isn't very serious, so he's hard for me to read.
Unread August 20th, 2009, 04:18 PM   #5
meuk

meuk is on a distinguished road

Your right its hard to tell, Im a cuddler, and yes i do non-intimate, my cuddles with my GF are so much more erm indepth and have more effort than with just a friend. Theres definatly a diffrence.
Just a tip all guys flirt, i dont think they can help it, if he says he likes you maybe ask him out on a proper date and see what happens.
meuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread August 20th, 2009, 06:12 PM   #6
lolbear
Love Guru

lolbear will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by meegerprentice View Post
We talk quite often and he gives me subtle "hints" that he likes me.
But sometimes hints aren't enough.
A couple times he's told me that he likes me, and he's very flirtatious and admitted that he gets nervous/awkward around me. I assure him that he's alright.
When I go to visit him it seems that I'm the center of attention even though I don't mean to be.
He's kind of a goofy guy, and sometimes he isn't very serious, so he's hard for me to read.
You could always ask him.
lolbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread August 23rd, 2009, 05:04 AM   #7
AustiN
Love Guru

AustiN is infamous around these partsAustiN is infamous around these parts

i onetime hooked up with this nurse one night, and I cuddled with her and kissed her and looked in to her eyes and layed my head on her chest for hours, she asked why are you cuddling with me so much and I said cuzz it makes me happy, which was true heh, it did, but I knew the whole time as I was cuddling and kissing her and holding her that I was not gonna be with her after that night....she wasn't really what I want, but I doubt my cuddles were any less intimate is what i'm saying....you never know
AustiN is offline   Reply With Quote