Members: 15,584
Threads: 38,389
Online: 52

Newest Member: grv

Go Back   The Relationship Forums > The Relationship > The Chase

Notices

The Chase Places, People, Roses... everything involved in the dating game, as well as including that First Kiss and more! New home of FLIRTATION LOCATION and THE GAME

Unread May 13th, 2009, 12:11 PM   #1
djp6

djp6 is on a distinguished road
Default Flirting with a girl in a male-dominant workplace

Hey!
How should I flirt with a girl who is one of only few women at where I work?
djp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 13th, 2009, 12:22 PM   #2
Kuky
Administrator

Kuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flirting with a girl in a male-dominant workplace

What's your current working relationship with her?

- Do you work with her on a regular basis?

- Do you like each other, at least in the context of work?

- Do you just see her in the distance, and have never actually interacted with her?

- Do you ever see her outside of work?
Unread May 13th, 2009, 01:44 PM   #3
djp6

djp6 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuky View Post
What's your current working relationship with her?

We don't really have one. She's my superior but we don't work together.

- Do you work with her on a regular basis?
No

- Do you like each other, at least in the context of work?

There was a little buzz a month ago. Then I didn't manage to do anything. Now I think it's on again and I need to do something.

- Do you just see her in the distance, and have never actually interacted with her?

That exactly.

- Do you ever see her outside of work?
No
Some help would be really appreciated.
djp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 13th, 2009, 08:28 PM   #4
rodgerjones2
Casanova

rodgerjones2 is a name known to allrodgerjones2 is a name known to allrodgerjones2 is a name known to allrodgerjones2 is a name known to allrodgerjones2 is a name known to allrodgerjones2 is a name known to all

Ususally people will give us some background so we have information to work with. This is like saying what your fortune cookie means when we dont know you.

Anyways work mates are hard because if you get turned down then your still see her everyday. Do you talk to her alot? Can you pick up on signs that maybe she has an interest in you?

At my workplace usually when new people come or when we get bored of work we will set up a work lunch where everyone meets somewhere and we all talk, its a good time to get closer to the ones you want to get to know better.

Other than that the only idea I can come up with is if you invited her to go somewhere with maybe 1 other work mate and his friend; kinda like a double date.
rodgerjones2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 13th, 2009, 08:38 PM   #5
Nurseman
Elite Romantic

Nurseman is a splendid one to beholdNurseman is a splendid one to beholdNurseman is a splendid one to beholdNurseman is a splendid one to beholdNurseman is a splendid one to beholdNurseman is a splendid one to beholdNurseman is a splendid one to beholdNurseman is a splendid one to behold

You don't. Not unless you enjoy embarrassing meetings in Human Resources followed by getting fired.

You walk a very thin line with this. I highly suggest you forget about her.

One word from her and you can be tossed out on your ear. She can sue the company AND YOU for sexual harassment.

It just isn't worth it.
Nurseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 13th, 2009, 08:59 PM   #6
Reichvier
Flirtatious

Reichvier is just really niceReichvier is just really niceReichvier is just really niceReichvier is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp6 View Post
Hey!
How should I flirt with a girl who is one of only few women at where I work?
Hey!
Don't!

Dating in the workplace is bad. Save yourself some grief and find another girl.
Unread May 13th, 2009, 11:05 PM   #7
kuju
well-traveled

kuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond repute

first off, TALK to HR and ask if intraoffice dating is allowed. Then think about the issue.

They work at the same place, but are NOT in the same area, and don't work together on a regular basis. a break up would be awkward, but not unmanageable. Heck, remember the guy who asked ME out at work and got rejected? I got along just fine with him for 5 months after that.

Best way to get to know her better is to be casual, and involve a lot of people. Arrange a trip to a restaurant or pub or something with coworkers. WORK TO GET A MIX OF MEN AND WOMEN. You say that it's a male-dominated workplace: invite ALL the women, and only some of the men, to even it out. Say to her "We're going out for drinks after work tonight. You should come, it'll be a lot of fun!" And then you can proceed to get to know her better at the pub. Someone interested in you will either jump at the opportunity to socialize with you, unless she has a REALLY good reason not to. ANd if she DOES say no, go out anyway with the others, and HAVE FUN!

English. It's your language. Learn to type it.

kuju is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 15th, 2009, 06:42 PM   #8
JoeShmoe
Shmoe indeed...

JoeShmoe is infamous around these partsJoeShmoe is infamous around these partsJoeShmoe is infamous around these partsJoeShmoe is infamous around these partsJoeShmoe is infamous around these partsJoeShmoe is infamous around these partsJoeShmoe is infamous around these partsJoeShmoe is infamous around these partsJoeShmoe is infamous around these parts

your competing with a lot of guys. A sure fire way to get her attention and know you mean "business" is to get those sweat pants on and walk buy her with a boner. Just say "what's up". She will love you. Trust me on this one.
JoeShmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread May 15th, 2009, 09:01 PM   #9
moonangel
Almost a Jedi

moonangel has much to be proud ofmoonangel has much to be proud ofmoonangel has much to be proud ofmoonangel has much to be proud ofmoonangel has much to be proud ofmoonangel has much to be proud ofmoonangel has much to be proud ofmoonangel has much to be proud ofmoonangel has much to be proud ofmoonangel has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp6 View Post
Some help would be really appreciated.
Kuky was trying to help you!! Our opinions mean nothing if we don't have the background. Where you're working, and the nature of your relationship with this girl are key factors in any feedback we can give you.

My view is if you can't give us the whole story, don't post at all.
moonangel is offline   Reply With Quote