Members: 15,312
Threads: 38,036
Online: 51

Newest Member: Rainingl0ve

Go Back   The Relationship Forums > The Relationship > Down in the Dumps

Notices

Down in the Dumps Breaking up is a difficult time. How does it go? Denial, Anger, acceptance? No... that's not it. Come to this forum to find out what it's really like.

Unread October 28th, 2008, 06:24 PM   #1
notredame3141

notredame3141 is on a distinguished road
Default I want to get back with my Ex and she is hesitant

Im 16 years old i know this doesnt seem like a big deal but for me it is. I've dated this girl for months multiple times and every time she tells me she needs space. This is the start of my Sophmore year. She is a year younger and modestly more mature than me. Me and her talk all of the time and exchange hugs and etc. but i've recently been bringing up about how i still love her and i want to get back together and she keeps telling me she needs time. She also tells me when i ask her if she talks to any oither boys , she says no and i get rather upset because i dont know if that means im not included. I don't want to be upset every time i think of how it was and keep talking to her as a friend. Am i being to much of a freind? or am i being the friend and not the boyfriend. I need help! Please someone help me fix thix issue!
notredame3141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread October 28th, 2008, 06:37 PM   #2
thejoker

thejoker will become famous soon enoughthejoker will become famous soon enough
Default Re: I want to get back with my Ex and she is hesitant

worried about the friendzone eh? dont worry, youve already dated her, so she does have romantic feelings for you. i just replied to anothers guys post, but you gotta take the high road in this situation. dont be a clingy, wimpy, 'i want you back' guy. be the ' hey you need your space, fine, take all you need'. youre lucky because your in high school. i say this because she wants her space and doesnt have the time for you, so dont have the time for her. say hi in the hallway, but dont go out of your way to talk to her. talk to other girls and flirt with em a little, dont get in a relationship right away though. and hang with your friends and party on the weekends, show her you dont need her basically. honestly, this will drive her nuts, wether she shows it or not. showing her you need her and your life depends on her will push her away. as long as youve told her how you feel about her, theres nothing else you can do but show her you can be happy without her. im not saying she'll definately get back with you, but you gotta be the man and have your own control in this situation. whatever you do dont get angry with her about her desicion, and dont wimp out to her either, just be mature about this and play it cool
thejoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread October 28th, 2008, 06:41 PM   #3
notredame3141

Hey thanks i really appreciate it but another thing i forgot to mention is. When i talk to other girls which i've been doing a lot lately she makescomments about them even if they are her friends she has a reason to say no dont date her, it doesnt influence my decision but she seems like she wants me but then she seems like she doesnt and im so fed up with it i really want a yes or no answer and i prolly will stay away from her forawhile. And have an occasional hey or whats up. But during school once a day b4 a class she has we have a brief talk prolly about 3 mins should i elminate that talk or what. I dont have any classes with her so thats a plus! And we havent dated since late july early aggust!
Unread October 28th, 2008, 07:26 PM   #4
thejoker

thejoker will become famous soon enoughthejoker will become famous soon enough

id eliminate it, or at least shorten it. and make sure youre the one ending the convo. have the control and let the ball be in your court at all times. make it be that she would be lucky to have you back, not the other way around
thejoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread October 28th, 2008, 07:37 PM   #5
notredame3141

Thanks for everything! lol ill tell youhow it goes!
Unread October 28th, 2008, 10:21 PM   #6
Kuky
Administrator

Kuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond repute

You're being too friendly about it. A no is a no, and you shouldn't keep bringing it up. It's not talking about it that will make the feelings resurface, after all

Tags
couple, dating, ex girlfriend, friends, issues